Google Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

3.3

244 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking to do three phone technical interviews (back-to-back-to-back). Passed those first three rounds, waited for about two months to get matched with a team (while turning down offers with earlier deadlines), and eventually had a short fit interview with the team I ended up working for (very non-technical, more about whether I'd be interested in the work)

Interview Questions

• Given a string of letters, implement method that outputs string of 1's and 0's of the same size corresponding to if a selected letter is in that position in the input string.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online via their normal Intern application. I did not get a response from them until 2 months later. It consisted of 2 45-min phone calls with live coding on a google doc. There was also a small questionnaire before the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in January 2016.

Interview

I got 2 phone interviews by an employee referral. Both last for about 45 minutes. The whole process took about 2 months. In the first 5 minutes, the interviews introduced themselves, their work and their team. They will ask you to talk about your project for the next 5-10 minutes. I had one coding problem of medium difficulty for the first interview, then one easy and one medium for the second. I passed the tech interview. However, it seems too late for project match. After 3 weeks' waiting, the recruiter told me the intern position are full.

Interview Questions

• I cannot tell because of NDA. But it is not that hard as expected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews back to back, both of which were technical. Both of the interviewers were polite, but the first one seemed like he didn't want to be conducting an interview. We discussed the problems in depth before coding, but most of the emphasis was on the actual code. Not a difficult interview if you're familiar with STL containers, sorting algorithms, etc

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA but they mostly involved efficient uses of STL data structures   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

After I applied for the intern position, the recruiter scheduled a two round phone interview with 45 minute each. She is very friendly and quick in email reply. The first interviewer forgot the interview and rescheduled it two times. The interviewers were nice and gave hints when I was confused.

Interview Questions

• To design a labyrinth where a ball is able to go from start point to end point with least cost.
      Zigzag iterator   1 Answer
    • Given a set s (1,2...N). To calculate the number of appropriate subsets(s1,s2) that sum of s1 equals to sum of s2 while s1+s2 = s and s1, s2 have no intersection.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Like any other interview process at fortune 500 companies. Either meet at career fair or apply online. There is usually a 2 step process for deciding your eligibility. Overall, friendly interviewer - tried to make the experience as comfortable as possible. However, this is very individual-based. May not have similar experience. Questions ranged from moderate to very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Reason for applying to Google (obviously). Also, very heavy on alg type questions   1 Answer

connections with start-up. found it to be more of an eye-opener

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter a few months after applying online for the Software Engineering Intern position. Recruiter was prompt and accommodating. Was able to reschedule the interview when something came up. Made sure the whole process was a good one. Had two one hour technical phone interview back to back. First one was a design problem and second was more of a conversation about my projects and related questions.

Interview Questions

• Design an algorithm that predicts where a ball will exit a given maze based on its entry point.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online through a connection at Google. Received a response to set up two phone interviews within a week. Had two back to back phone interviews 2 weeks later where you code in a Google Doc. Difficult but not impossible questions. Hardest part was conveying what you were coding over the phone. Make sure to not go silent ever

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google in December 2015.

Interview

After my friend referred me we set an appointment. They called me and they asked me address simple questions. However, for PhD positions they must need to hire and it didn't happen for me.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews, each 45 minutes long. The first two were back to back, last one was two weeks later. I Received an offer about two weeks after my last interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement an Iterator of Iterators which traverses through an arbitrary number of iterators.
      IE, an iterator which iterates over three list iterators in the following way:
      L1 = a1, a2, a3
      L2 = b1, b2, b3
      L3 = c1, c2, c3
      Then the iterator should process them in this order: a1, b1, c1, a2, b2, c2, a3, b3, c3   2 Answers