Google Intern Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Google Intern Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jan 5, 2017

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took two weeks for them to get back at me and schedule two phone screen interviews, 45 mins each. Interviewer was really nice. The whole process was easy but lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Find all the possible words that a sequence of Morse code letters can represent   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. I had a brief conversation about uni and modules I take and after that I was scheduled with 2 technical interviews on Google Hangouts. One of them was very technical (data structures, algorithms) and the 2nd one was more about problem solving

Interview Questions

• traversing through a binary tree, how to get random numbers with different probabilities   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got called in for an interview. There were two 1:1 interviews over Hangouts on the same day. There was an optional briefing session (also over Hangouts) where the recruitment process was described and questions were answered.
    I was impressed with how much they seemed to want the candidates to be prepared. They give several links to access some preparation materials, including a guide written by Google specifically for the internship recruitment process.

The recruiter and also the interviewers were quite nice. But I think they could have allowed more room to think. I felt that both interviewers sort of had their own line of thought and wanted me to follow it, instead of giving me freedom to approach the problem on my own first. I feel that if the questions were harder, I would have been able to demonstrate my analytical skills better.

Interview Questions

• The first interview started off with some theoretical questions about data structures and ended with a simple coding exercise followed by a bit tougher problem regarding scalability. The entire second interview consisted of one problem. They expect you to answer questions at the end, so have some good questions ready.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through referral. The whole process took about month. Recruiter was not very friendly, but interviewers were. I had two 45 minutes interviews. Each with two not so hard technical questions. Also they asked some questions about my background, previous projects. Interviewers helped me when I was stuck, but on the second interview I was really slow, so it went in a bad way. They also had no positions by that time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

After applying through the Google Jobs website, I was reached out to by a member of their People Operations team. I had a short telephone interview with one of the recruiters, then 2 telephone interviews with members of the team I would be joining, and then an offer. The whole process was very well organised and swift.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding how you advise partners to use the Google products my team worked with.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The process was pretty standard - 2 technical phone interviews. I waited 2 weeks for a reply. I am disappointed not because I was not made an offer but because of their attitude - I received an e-mail saying that I was going to be interviewed and 2 days later I received another saying that I was not going to be interviewed. When I asked for an explanation, they said it was because I was graduating the same year, which was clearly not the case as I indicated I was pursuing a Master's degree and I was only going to be available during the summer. I demanded to be redirected to someone in order to complain about this and they resumed my interview process. After each interview I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions, although the engineers were nice.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked technical questions associated with algorithms and complexity.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2014.

Interview

I had two phone screen interviews. It was my first interview experience. Both interviewers were very much to the point, did not say too much about themselves or ask me anything except to code a solution to an algorithmic problem (both from Cracking the coding interview as I later found out). I found the interviews very impersonal and stressful, although the second was a bit better because the interviewer was guiding me when I did something right and asked me to reconsider when I did something wrong. At the end of both interviews I felt discouraged and just wanted to end the call so I did not ask many (or thoughtful) questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted then rotated array, find an element in the array.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews, first was fine. However the second interviewer was very rude didn't take time to introduce themselves to me. Rushed into the coding problem and wasn't not interested in conducting the interview what so ever.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you look over the links that the recruiter sends you in detail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Two technical phone screens to assess problem-solving ability, host-matching telephone call was done after to match applicants with a suitable team at Google. Interviewers were very nice and helpful, questions were encouraged to be asked. Freedom of choice of programming languages but focus on Java, C++ or Python.

Interview Questions

• Input - string with random question marks for some characters, output - possible combinations of replacing the question marks in the string with 0s and/or 1s.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I applied via their website and sent them a copy of my CV. I was contacted by a recruiter about 1 week later who then arranged for two phone interviews. After the two phone interviews, I was contacted by my recruiter about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• My first interview was a straight forward coding question requiring me to code an algorithm on Google docs. My second interview was more in-depth and asked me several questions, starting with data questions and then moving on to algorithms questions. I panicked and blanked out during the second, more difficult question.   2 Answers