Google Internal Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Internal Communications Interview Questions

3.5

Internal Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google in January 2012.

Interview

It was very brief, a couple of short questions about my background and what I knew about Googles internal communications. I obviously didn't know much because the position isn't public facing or really researchable online so some of the questions seemed a little unfair. But I understood why they were asking them. I had applied for a position and then was asked to interview for a different one that hadn't yet been posted. So, I was unaware of a lot of the details they were going into during the interview and it just caught me off guard somewhat.

Interview Questions

• How might I go about spreading information internally on my first day   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Internal Communications Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who located me via my LinkedIn account. She conducted a phone interview with me, then requested that I submit a writing sample by the folllowing morning, answering a series of questions based upon recent occurences that had taken place at the company. I was then contacted within the same week to complete an in-person interview with someone from the team that I would be working with. The interviewer was pleasant, yet she remarked that although she was impressed by my writing sample, it was not written in the "Google-voice". Upon the conclusion of the interview, I was told that I had done a good job, and would be recommended to be advanced to the next level. However, I was contacted a week or so later and informed that I was not selected for the position. I would recommend that future candidates be very personable in their interviews, and identify something unique about themselves, outside of the traditional work and/or school accomplishments that will help them to stand out from other applicants and convey their "Googley-ness".

Interview Questions

• What makes you "Googley"?   Answer Question
    • How would you attempt to reduce the learning curve inherent for a new employee in this position?   Answer Question