Google Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Internship Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2017

3.3

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google in March 2017.

Interview

Very technical with no behavioral questions. 2 back to back interviews before the second round. HR was very helpful. Make sure to prepare algorithms, computer science basics and structured brain teasers

Interview Questions

• How many Amazon packages are out there?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Two interviews at the same day. Only algorithm questions.
    Q1 How to decide whether a matrix has the same element on all minor diagonals?
    e.g:
    1 2 3 0
    4 1 2 3
    5 4 1 2
    0 5 4 1

Interview Questions

• Q1 How to decide whether a matrix has the same element on all minor diagonals?   1 Answer
    • Q2 There is a series of bank names and each bank has its own range of ID. Given a user ID, find the bank name.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was given a coding challenge, had to complete 2 coding tests in 1.5 hrs. After a few weeks had 2 phone interviews. I solved everything but still got a reject a few weeks later

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2016.

Interview

Some of the interviewers were friendlier than others. The questions related to string processing and basic data structures. Be sure to explain your thought process as you go, and if you have extra time, try to improve and/or debug your code. It took them a while to get back and I had to follow up. Recruiters were pretty courteous, though.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Three back to back phone interviews. One interviewer messed up the schedule and called me one day earlier... In general it was okay, interviewers were really helpful, but one of them was nit-picking.

Interview Questions

• How to implement a swap function that work directly in the memory: i.e. Not swapping objects but chunks of memory   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was a great experience, included two different phone interview. Different engineers from google attended to the phone interview, from various projects. Interviews started with simple behaviourally questions, laters Google Docs were used for the technical questions. Because of the NDA, I can not disclose any more of the interview process.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I had two back to back phone interviews, scheduled well in advance. I cannot disclose the exact questions due to an NDA I signed. But it was a fun and challenging experience. I the first round the interviewer started with asking about my background and then a very simple problem in java. The second interviewer asked a simple question related to binary trees. He then moved on to a complex problem, which i did very badly. Partly because I was surprised that the interviewer had another question, had I known this I would have not spent more time in the first question.

Interview Questions

• There is definitely more than one question in a 45 minute interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume and got an email to schedule an interview within 3 weeks. Scheduled it as later as possible to be able to review my algothms, and my Java. The first interviewer was half sleepy half eating during the interview. He asked about my background (in order to finish his bagel while i was talking). Next he tried to explain me a question but he started from LCD display (why ?).

Interview Questions

• The actual question was: given an integer, its digits are stored in the array, the very last digit is the very last element of the array. Write a function that adds one to this integer. The LCD display discussion was totally misleading and inappropriate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Google has a personal approach and want to know the candidate really well. The interviews are informal and I felt very relaxed. There is no tricky questions but mostly some prepositions of real situations so that they know how you could handle it. Good to know the google products and culture before interviewing.

Interview Questions

• If users of gmail were not happy about it, how would you work to improve it?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

2 45-minute interviews with technical questions, they didn't specify any specific role or ask any questions about me or what I'm looking for. The people were nice and answered any questions I had and their decision was fast

Interview Questions

• Find the 100 slowest searches from a log of a large number of searches   1 Answer