Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,573 Interview Reviews

3.4

5,573 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview:
    The Interviewer was late for 20 mins... Ask nothing on my resume.
    Tow questions:
    1) A string consists of ‘0’, ‘1’ and '?'. The question mark can be either '0' or '1'. Find all possible combinations for a string.
    2) Give you a text file, remove duplicated lines.
        Follow up: If the file is very large, general hash map takes too much spaces, come up with a better solution.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview went seemingly smoothly, except for a couple quirks in the code on the whiteboard. The questions were way easier than I expected. The interviewers were not intimidating at all and did not try to make the process stressful. I felt like I passed and according to HR, the overall feedback was positive. My application went to the hiring committee which, in turn, rejected the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Awesome process. Very simple questions. Keep your nerves cool. Don't worry about very complex questions on the Internet. Do basics and you should be good. I screwed up two simple questions and not expecting offer. I will apply again next year .

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Covered a couple of recent roles on the resume, one analytical question (see below) and one long term business growth/competition scenario analysis.

The onsite interview lasted about 5 hours and as many interviews. Each interviewer asked analytical questions similar to those in the phone interview. All questions fit roughly these patterns - for fictitious product/scenario arrive at a formula and use it to provide a number for total size, speed etc.; prioritization exercise for desirable changes to an existing internet product or a new product.

Accounting/Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

A Google recruiter actually reached out to me. Had a quick phone conversation with the recruiter where she was just trying to hear about my experience and what I do currently in my current roles. Then was set up with a Google Hangout video interview, but then got rescheduled with a different interviewer. The interviewer asked me a list of behavioral questions- that's it. Didn't feel like they really tried to get to know me. Thought I annswered the questions well though. Interviewer ended the interview 10 mins early and pretty abruptly. Through the interview I did not feel like the Google company culture is more than just words on paper.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

Initial communication view recruiter. Followed by technical phone screen, then a multi-hour on-site interview. Whole process takes weeks/months. It is very slow moving.

One interviewer did not know how to interview well. Asked the question but when questions were raised, failed to answer the questions and kept talking in circles. Was unable to answer questions due to lack of sufficient explanation.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

1. HR Call - More of a behavioral interview and asking more about you

2. Online Coding Challenge - 2 Questions in 1 Hour

3. 2 Technical Phone Interview - 45 minutes

4. On Site Interview - 4 Interviews lunch break in between Each interview take about 45 mins to an hour

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Recruiter called me for job I had applied and they were very flexible. They also offered to expedite the process if I had another offer or close to getting one.

Interview Questions

• It was HR interview, no difficult questions   1 Answer

Engineering Resident Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Study your data structures, algorithms, space and time complexity. Due to the non disclosure agreement I had with them, I can disclose what the exact questions were. Also, make sure you talk about what you are doing a lot and be prepared by reading CTCI, Interview cake or leetcode.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the projects on your CV?   1 Answer

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

A friend referred me and a recruiter reached out. First phone interview took about 30 minutes. Was relaxed and very Google centered. Described the job position and the rotation format.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   3 Answers