Google Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview Questions

3.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Anaheim, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

I just interviewed. Lots of questions about innovation topics.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview process was just awesome. Though it was phone in, setting my apprehensions aside, it went well, the interviewer kept a cool head and most importantly i was able to do be tension free only because off his cool attitude. he gave me ample time to answer questions and there was no tension as a result and in the end i did the interview well. They asked questions starting from personal habits to aptitude, quant, verbals and knowledge(regarding Google, their products and offerings)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a concert went awry(say the singer refused to come or a sudden engagement cropped up for the singer and couldnt do the concert)?   1 Answer

I preferred to opt for higher studies

Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

Resume was referred by a friend at Google. That helped me get a chance at an interview. Initial screening done over the phone to understand my background and my fit for the job. Once this was cleared, I was flown to Hyderabad for 1:1 interviews.
    The interviewers usually are on time and take a lot of notes. Questions asked were on generic management, managing teams and people, project management, online advertising, How will you monetize google's assets etc?
     The second interview was with a manager from a different team. Questions around how can Google compete with facebook, How can you control spam on Social Networks etc.
    After that I had 2 interviews via phone with teams from MTV and Australia. Questions are similar, though some interviewers really drill you down. Two questions which we spent a lot of time on were -- 1. What are the 3 major changes you would make on any google product and 2. After you have made those changes, how will you make that a billion$ business.

Once the interviews are done, a long wait begins for the HR to communicate the next steps. This is the period of uncertainity. Though the HR does provide an update, it is mostly reactive.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 major changes you would make on a Google Product ? Once you have made those changes, how will you make it a billion$ product ?   Answer Question
    • How do you control Spam on Social Networks ? How can Google counter Facebook's threat   1 Answer

Negotiation

Google salaries are NOT the best in the Industry. Be prepared to receive a low ball offer. Persuasive conversations can cause a marginal change but do not expect a 30-40% hike.

Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Google in June 2011.

Interview

Rough

Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seoul (South Korea)) in May 2011.

Interview

There were a total of 6 telephone interviews conducted, all in the Korean language. As Korean is not my primary language, it was difficult to convey my intended communication properly, but for this sales role, I learned it was essential to be fluent, as Korea is a very homogeneous nation.

Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in April 2011.

Interview

The interview lasted for about 25 minutes, and there were several questions mostly not with technical character. The interviewer was friendly, communicative, fast and concise. They went through my CV without skipping one thing and I explained in some detail why and how did I manage to do the things I had listed in there. You are required to be specific and not talk in general.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for google?   1 Answer

Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online in November 2010. I got an email from a Assistant Recruiter last week of January 2011 that they wanted to chat with me for an opportunity, and if I was interested. I said, yes...of course. She had also asked me for suitable dates/times for an interview within the next two weeks. I gave her my availability timeline. She replied with a confirmed date for mid-February 2011.
    I did a bit of homework on this initial interview, having known that this would be primarily a "information gathering" session (as she said). When I got the call, it was pretty much as I expected. The principal recruiter called, was friendly, and asked fluffy questions like "why looking for another job, why google, etc." I thought the interview went well. She was friendly, but neutral in her reaction. She promised to get back to me within a week, maximum. It hasn't been a week yet, so I'm still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change your jobs?   Answer Question
    • Why Google?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your Management experience?   Answer Question
    • What was your GPA (for all degrees obtained)?   Answer Question
    • What extracurricular activities have you engaged in (social, etc.)? What compensation expectations do you have, because there's no point in continuing if we can't meet your expectations?   Answer Question

Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in July 2010.

Interview

It seemed quite vague. I was approached based on a contact I had there and had an initial HR screening discussion / interview by phone. That was followed with a conversation (by phone) with a person that I never subsequently met in person and who was a little short / blunt with her questions on the phone. I expected to meet her later but never did. Those calls were then followed with 3 short interviews during one day with 3 different personnel from different areas / departments. I got the feeling they were generally fishing rather than considering me for a specific role. One (the most senior of the 3) was a bit blunt or rude and seemed to be making a point of spending as little time as possible. He asked a couple of vague questions or almost made comments that could be open to either positive or negative interpretations regardless of the response I gave. It seemed a bit disorganised and overall not a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• We like creative people here. How have you been creative in your role?   Answer Question

Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2009.

Interview

LOTS of interviews.

Each stage looks for consensus.

Interview Questions

• I got asked a silly brainteaser, but those kinds of questions are not asked any more.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation.