Google APM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google APM Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Great Process- Phone Interview followed up by a flyout to mountain view. Phone screen involved a resume discussion and simple design question. On site interviews consisted of design questions, resume and experience discussion, and an estimation question.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of people using Google Calendar in the US   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Claremont, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Started off by sending in my resume through a friend from college who was working there. From there, I was scheduled a phone interview. The first part of the interview was a tell me about yourself and then I was asked a 45-minute long consulting like interview question where I was asked to design a vending machine for a blind person. You had to consider edge cases and answer in a very cs-oriented way. I think I messed up on this part.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you design a vending machine for a blind person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Durham, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone call with 5 questions. All questions were about product and the market, testing your awareness and understanding of the field. See how you think about products. My interviewer was pretty stoic until the end, when I got him to laugh. I paused for too long at some points and faltered-- be sure not to do that. Confidence is key; go over product questions with the CIRCLE format and review common metrics PMs use to make decisions.

Interview Questions

• Design a phone for a two year old.   Answer Question
    • What metrics would you want to measure the success of your phone for 2 year olds?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of an unsuccessful product? Why do you think it was unsuccessful?   1 Answer

APM Interview

Interview

First round phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelsea, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Chelsea, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview which was about ideas and creativity. Then there were two on-campus interviews followed by a lunch. The two interviews were about them asking me how to make their products better or how I would go about researching something. I didn't really know what the first interviewer was asking me (he had been working their for some years). The second interviewer was a recent hire and asked more appropriate questions so I knew what he was talking about. The lunch was not related to anything: you talk about whatever. We ended up talking about tech projects.

The interview was rushed in terms of flying me in and out. The whole process seemed pretty disorganized compared to Microsoft's.

Interview Questions

• Can't discuss. But they were vague in their questions and I didn't really know what they wanted to hear.   Answer Question

APM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in March 2013.

Interview

Waiting for the result

Interview Questions

• Q1: Background Question
      Q2: Why you like the company and the position
      Q3: Project Expand
      1 Answer

APM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed back at the end of 2012.
    Had 2 phone interviews, and then flew to Zurich for the onsite interviews.
    Expenses fully covered by company (though food budget is ridiculously low for Zurich - $35/day)

When I came to the offices in Zurich I was greeted by an HR person who explain to me what to expect during the day and the timeline.
    I had 3 interviews before lunch and 2 after lunch, 1 out of all was engineering.
    Interviewers had different positions from APM, to PM, to Senior and directors.

Was asked the following questions during the whole process:
    1. what is your favourite product (non tech), what do you like about it, how would you improve it.
    2. What is your favourite internet related feature, explain how does it work and how can you improve it
    3. The interviewer has presented me with a new technology and told me I have 1 hour before I have to present it to Larry Page - how would you prepare, what would you present (and then drill down to each topics what would you talk about)
    4. Given a percentage of British tourists who die when they travel to Cyprus (I was given an actual number, don't remember which), decide whether Cyprus is a safe place for British people or not

Interview Questions

• To me the most difficult question was: 5. Presented with capabilities of Google Maps to track the speed the users are driving and was asked what is the minimal number of users GM needs in order to have an accurate estimation of the current speed in all the roads in a city of my choice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Got a phone interview after submitting resume. The interviewer was really nice and the process ran smoothly overall. My technological knowledge was just not enough for the position

Interview Questions

• - Imagine that the manager of Youtube wants to create backup copies for all videos. Estimate the storage space needed?
      - Tell me an efficient way to compress videos
      - How would you redesign the thumbnails of youtube?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

A tour of the place, lunch at the famed cafeteria, a scavenger hunt, nice hotel. A lot of the interviews were kind of "what do you think about this"--very open-ended, brainstorm-oriented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

They asked for more background information then gave the phone interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is the bandwidth necessary if Google Docs is on the moon?   1 Answer