Google Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.4

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The overall process was clear and smooth. I have been referred by my friend and in few days they called me. After the first phone interview, there was sales mock pictch one followed by a video chat with three different people.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience and how it may contribute to this current position   Answer Question

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

A friend referred me and a recruiter reached out. First phone interview took about 30 minutes. Was relaxed and very Google centered. Described the job position and the rotation format.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I used glassdoor A LOT for my interviews so I'm going to be as specific as legally possible. So I applied for the Associate Account Strategist position online. Then the very next day a recruiter reached out to me, which was suprising to me because I thought that the online process was pretty much a black hole and no one would ever see my resume. Anyways, the recruiter reached out me and asked to set up a phone screening. Five days later, we had the conversation and it was very basic level "why google?" "why this position?" and a brief run through of my resume. A few hours after the conversation, my recruiter said that they wanted to move forward. So we set up a back-to-back phone call with someone currently in the role and a manager five days later. This interview was a bit more specific to my experience and many times started with the words "tell me about a time when..." which I had definitely prepared for based on Glassdoor questions and materials the recruiter had given me. I had prepared for these conversations for about 8-10 hours, by the way. Both conversations went very well and the next day he got back with me to schedule two onsite interviews. Six days later, I met the Google team onsite - I was extremely nervous. I prepared even more with the materials the recruiter gave me and went over everything again in the hotel the night before. I showed up and waited in the lobby and the manager came and met me. We went on brief tour of the building which was actually very cool but I could feel my nerves building. My onsite interviews were...okay. The first went pretty rough...the manager asked VERY specific hypothetical questions to understand how I think and strategize when faced with a difficult task. I thought I handled most of his questions alright but I felt PRETTY flustered! Plus, when I'm nervous, I ramble... The second interview with my "peer" went great. I had answers to all the questions, the interviewer was engaging and interesting and I really enjoyed it. This was one of the few times I was asked about Adwords/digital advertising. After my interview, I was escorted out and waited what felt like years for the recruiter to get back with me on whether I would be moving forward. Actually, I'm being dramatic. Once again, he got back with me the very next day to tell me that they wanted to move forward in presenting my candidacy to the hiring committee. He had a few additional employment questions and then he presented my candidacy four days later. The hiring committee got back to my recruiter six days later and he got back with me that same day to present my offer. In preparation, I would not prep for off the wall crazy questions. I would focus on digital advertising, why you like THIS role, and how your skills translate to help you succeed in the role. Overall, the process was very fast and my recruiter did a fantastic job keeping in contact with me. I also really appreciated things like paying my expenses off within 3 days of me filling out the form and how incredibly friendly everyone was!!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen, followed by multiple video calls across various offices. The whole process took 3 weeks from start to finish and was quite straightforward

Interview Questions

• A roulette brainteaser. Most of the questions were more relevant to the job, though.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a Google employee to this position. A recruiter got back to me in about a week to set up an initial phone screening. Later that week we had the call, it was very brief (about 15 minutes) and she mainly talked a bit for about the role itself (Global Customer Experience, not sales) and asked me about my experience (resume walkthrough type of thing) and one "tell me about a time when.." question. My recruiter was awesome and at the end of this chat she said she wanted to set me up for two more phone interviews with members of the team I would be joining.

Here is where it got interesting. They send you a rather lengthy email describing Google's interview procedures, how to prepare, and a bunch of links to information related to products knowledge (AdWords in this case). So in preparation for this interview I spent about half of my time getting very familiar with the product, and half of my time with general cognitive ability and hypothetical situation prep. This position was a bit of a stretch for my previous experience so I had to work really hard to come up with supporting evidence that I would be a good fit for the role.

The phone interviews were 30 minutes, back-to-back. My first interview was with someone who had been there a few years in a role similar to what I would have been in, and the second interview was with a manager. To start, there were zero product knowledge questions asked (not to say your interview won't have them, just know mine didn't). They were 90% "tell me about a time when.." questions, and 10% hypothetical situations. I did ok in the first interview and recovered with a good explanation as to why I wanted the job. The second interview did not go so well. In particular there was on hypothetical question asked where we were on completely different pages about and it made for an unfortunate vibe to the whole interview.

In the end, as I said my previous experience was a stretch for this role, and my difficulties came from having relatively weak experience examples when they asked "tell me about a time when." I was expecting a lot more product knowledge based on the prep information I was given, and I was also expecting more personality related questions or Googleyness. However, I prepared as best I could and overall it was a really good experience. Naturally a couple days later my recruiter called me with some bad news, but I want to stress how awesome she was and everyone involved (minus one unenthusiastic interviewer) made it a really smooth process. They really do everything they can to help you get the job because A.) they selected YOU because they like you, and B.) it is in their own best interest to have their candidate receive an offer because it looks good on their part. So everyone is on the same page.

The key here is confidence, personality, and preparation. When talking to your recruiter you should sound like there is no other job in the world for you, and just be yourself. When preparing for the phone interviews, do a little product knowledge prep, but really nail down those situational answers. Just google typical interview questions and answer as many of them as you can. You will be asked questions you have not come across so just stay calm, be confident in your response, and ask for a moment to think if you need it (my recruiter highly encouraged this). They will poke and prod at your answers so be prepared to go into detail. Getting caught up in a weak response is the best way to not make it through. They want to see your methodology for problem solving, there is no right answer, just the best one you can come up with.

Again, stay calm, be confident, and prepare those situational responses, I guarantee you will have a better fate than I did. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• I signed a NDA so I can't reveal exact questions. It doesn't matter anyway, each interview is different, just google most common interview questions and nail down as many as you can (at least for phone interview stage)   1 Answer

Associate, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY).

Interview

The process is longer than any other companies I know (6 weeks). I got total 1 phone and 3 onsite interviews. They asked a lot of case questions to test your logic, number sense and problem solving skills. I have very good experience with all the interviewer since they were very friendly and went straight to the point. Just be confident and think OOTB.

I really like my Recruiter since she is very helpful to update the whole process and also let me know how long I should wait until next stage. Let the Recuiter know your plan, they may help to make things as fast as possible.

Interview Questions

• Sales pitch for a FMCG client   1 Answer

Associate Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

After an employee referral I jumped on a Google Hangout to talk to a Product Marketing Manager where we had a casual conversation and he got to ask me a couple of questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you've been analytical   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The initial interview process wasn't too difficult. I had a phone screening and then had to schedule two back to back phone interviews. A few behavioral and critical thinking questions were in the initial screening but it was mostly generic questions. Anything on your resume is fair game.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, but because I didn't go through a referral and wasn't on campus for the career fair I went through the normal pool. Received the interview mid November. About two weeks later I got a call that they wouldn't be moving forward because the small class of 45 (from a couple thousand applicants) was already full.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, but general stuff you see here.   1 Answer

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online. The next day, a recruiter reached out to me for transcripts/potential interview times. After submitting the request information from the recruiter I was told she would then pass it off to the hiring team for a decision. After about five days, I heard back from the recruiter saying that the hiring team decided not to interview me.