Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

3.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen, followed by multiple video calls across various offices. The whole process took 3 weeks from start to finish and was quite straightforward

Interview Questions

• A roulette brainteaser. Most of the questions were more relevant to the job, though.   1 Answer

Associate Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

After an employee referral I jumped on a Google Hangout to talk to a Product Marketing Manager where we had a casual conversation and he got to ask me a couple of questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you've been analytical   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, but because I didn't go through a referral and wasn't on campus for the career fair I went through the normal pool. Received the interview mid November. About two weeks later I got a call that they wouldn't be moving forward because the small class of 45 (from a couple thousand applicants) was already full.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, but general stuff you see here.   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Had two interviews for first round.
    Had one interview for the second round and got rejected.

Prepare for product and design questions as well as back-of-the-envelope estimation questions.

I learned a lot, and it was a positive experience. This is a very competitive position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Google came to my university and I gave the recruiters my resume, then they emailed me and asked me to come in for an interview. It was a quick one with a Senior Product Manager who seemed to like me, and took notes while I wrote on the board.

Associate Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Great support from the recruitment team. First interview was a cognitive abilities test. Still not sure what that means. Questions were straightforward about myself, the position, and the company. Lasted 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a recruiter contacting me from a previous application. Initial phone screen interview was 2 questions - one estimation and one product driven.

Next was 4 onsite interviews, 3 in the morning, 1 after lunch. Those questions were product, estimation, and vision for Google.

After that was a writing assessment, which was sent out 2 weeks after the above. They gave me 3 days to finish it, but they say try not to spend more than 2 hours on it.

Finally I had an interview with Brian Rakowski, the head of the APM program. That was some resume questions and a product question. Very laid back interview, not intimidating.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Two round phone screen, scavenger hunt in SF, full day onsite interview. Technical screen as well as lot of product questions centered around user needs and architectural development. Lunch provided though and bus provided

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Standard interview process, firstly you were asked to introduce yourself, then you were asked to talk about a project in which you excelled. The reviewer may raise some questions based on your answer. Then come the technical review. The process takes around 30 min, which is fine.

Interview Questions

• Several questions concerning basic thinking of product manager   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Smooth process starting with a 45-minute on-campus screen in their local office and then a second-round on-site interview in the NYC office. First round interview primarily evaluated product skills. Second round included a wide range of back-to-back interviews including technical, product, and fit questions as well as a non-evaluative lunch.