Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2017

3.6

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

There are four interviews. First is a phone screen and then three onsite interviews. All the interviews are product interviews, except for one of the onsite interviews, which is technical. There is also a homework assignment between the phone screen and onsite.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite non-technical product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Online application, 45 minute phone screen, written prompt, and on site 5-6 hour interview day. I had a referral. Everyone was really friendly and I got feedback and a decision fairly quickly after the final round.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews: phone screen, onsite, then final VP interview -- covered all types of questions and was a pretty rigorous process. Took about 1.5 weeks to hear back after I applied, and 6 weeks to finish the whole process to offer stage.

Interview Questions

• What is a favorite product and how would you improve it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It took about 1 month, from first contact to offer. Everyone was extremely nice and positive. Interviews were straightforward but not trivial. It is essential to prepare, and "Cracking the PM Interview" is definitely a great way to go.

Interview Questions

• Estimation, coding, and product questions   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiting process went very quickly. I was contacted to schedule an interview time, and the interview is about one week and a half after. The result came in about 5 days.
    There are a total of two interviews, each was about 45 minutes. The first went more with a typical PM interview way, while the second was more technical (although there's no algorithm questions).
    Considering the interview itself, the recruiters asked me about product design, the typical estimation question, and the metrics I would use in testing a product.

Interview Questions

• What is an API you most recently used and how would you improve that?   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in September 2017.

Interview

Talked with a software dev and an APM, was asked a total of 4 questions through the course of two 45 minute phone call interviews. Technical questions were tough but manageable. APM questions were wildly abstract and not at all like anything I had been told to prepare

Interview Questions

• If you had 2 years and all of googles resources, how would you go about creating teleportation?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen, followed by multiple video calls across various offices. The whole process took 3 weeks from start to finish and was quite straightforward

Interview Questions

• A roulette brainteaser. Most of the questions were more relevant to the job, though.   1 Answer

Associate Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

After an employee referral I jumped on a Google Hangout to talk to a Product Marketing Manager where we had a casual conversation and he got to ask me a couple of questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you've been analytical   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then proceeded with on-sites. On-sites included three back-to-back interviews. One technical, but fuzzy technical. No real coding questions asked, mostly just product related questions. Prepped via How to Crack the PM Interview book. Worked out fine.

Interview Questions

• Make the app store have a 10x increase in downloads.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, but because I didn't go through a referral and wasn't on campus for the career fair I went through the normal pool. Received the interview mid November. About two weeks later I got a call that they wouldn't be moving forward because the small class of 45 (from a couple thousand applicants) was already full.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, but general stuff you see here.   2 Answers