Google HR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google HR Interview Questions

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later by email to set up a phone screening. Shortly after the interview, I received an email inviting me for a Skype interview with someone who was on the team/in the job position I was applying for. The recruiter and interviewer seemed to have different perceptions of what responsibilities would be involved and how much flexibility there was with them. In other words, it was kind of hard because the recruiter had given me a very vague sense of whether the position would be technical or not.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I applied thru their website. It took a ay or two for recuiters to contact me. First phase was a 15 min screening. Basic questions like why google, why HR. Second phase was an hour long phone interview with more situational questions like what would you do if you had to present a google product to the team or to the public. How would you coordinate, organize rotation within the company. What system would you create to faciliate recruiting/rotations in the company. Overall the recruiting team was really nice and organized. The thrid phase would have consited of a google hangout and then fourth phase in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work in a group? Any challenges? How did you face those challenges?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2015.

Interview

Two back to back 30 minute interviews on Google Hangout. I was asked how I would deal with several problems in the workplace. I was also asked to make an estimate of how many gmails I thought were on my campus. Behavioral questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• Where would I set up a sandwich shop if I were to set one up.   Answer Question

Human Resources BP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about this position. After a phone screen with her, I attended 3 more 1:1 interviews over the course of 3-4 weeks. After my final 1:1 interview, they told the recruiter to keep me warm (I think she must have heard keep me in the dark!) and they will let me know next week. However, 2-3 more weeks passed and I didn't hear anything. I'd email the recruiter to see if there's any update and rather than replying and saying "Not yet", she didn't email back at all. So I'd call her later in the week but then she told me off for asking so often. But if you emailed back, I wouldn't have to chase you twice... After that I let a week pass by without contacting her and eventually I did again. At that point, she said they hired someone else.

My recruiter was not helpful at all. When I asked for interview tips, she said to go with an "open mind". Then they/she wouldn't give me a contact so when I arrived, I couldn't sign in and therefore, they wouldn't let me into the building.

Even when she said she'd follow up for me, I now doubt she did.

I understand not notifying 1st round or maybe even 2nd round candidates that they didn't make it - but I think when you are beyond the halfway mark, you should be notified when they don't choose you. Candidates do tonnes of research when you get to the final rounds and I think not notifying and giving feedback is cruel and disheartens people looking for work. Plus, you'll never know how to improve. I feel like Google's interview process was arrogant and unhelpful. They asked me questions during my interview - that was unrelated to the role - about something else I did at my previous company that was on my resume. And the interviewer said she asked because they are also thinking about doing the same thing there. So they ask you stuff to get ideas from you, but then they don't give anything back to you if they don't choose you!

Not a good experience at all. It's funny to think that I've been to big, small, and medium-sized, local and multinational company interviews and every one of those was neater and lovelier than the way Google treats it's candidates. Who'd have thought.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, it was just about my background and experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Slow but easy process. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiting firm regarding a contract position. Standard interview, none of the hard/tricky questions that others had experienced and posted about on the web. Questions were very straight forward and typical.

Interview Questions

• What I didn't expect was that they had me role play a phone interview of a potential candidate on the spot.   Answer Question

Human Resources Contract Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview was going really well and I was getting positive signals from the interviewer until they asked my undergraduate GPA. I have two Master's degrees, with GPA above 3.7. My undergrad GPA was low (below a 3.0) and once the interviewer heard this, the interview was pretty much over. It's silly to weed out people based on outdated and irrelevant information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you saw from creation through completion.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Horrible process, was told numerous times they were proceeding but then they didn't call for a month then booked another face to face and then told it was going forward again and no contact for a month. Finally I sent a note saying I assume this is not going forward and 2 weeks later they responded saying it wasn't but they would like to stay in contact. No thanks.

Interview Questions

• How would you adjust our recruiting process?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Came in several times to meet several people. THe recruiters were conscientious, polite, and very good. It just takes so long to get through the process...

Interview Questions

• Specific details of examples of general phrases in my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The initial interview consisted of a phone interview from the company recruiter. He asked basic questions off my resume which were not too difficult to answer. He said that if I made it to the next step that I would be expected to come in and have a one to one interview. I was warned that the interview would consist of (besides the normal questions on my past experience) brain teaser questions to test my thinking. I did get invited to the next interview in person and the interviewer was very nice, seemed to be extremely well versed on my background and asked an estimation question such as how many golf balls would fit into a bus sort of thing. My impression of the googleplex is that everyone is super intelligent, well education and searching for people who fit in.

Interview Questions

• At any given moment, how many planes are in the air?   1 Answer