Google Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Good interview process. Clear questions and explored relevant experience very well. They do ask a lot of personality based questions and seem to want to measure how you would handle conflict and interdepartmental issues. I found them to be friendly, professional and interesting. If you've never interviewed with a large company before you could find it daunting but if you're experienced you'll probably find it a very enjoyable experience and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Define for us what you would like to get out of a career at Google and how you will go about achieving that.   Answer Question

Demand Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was for a temp position through Adecco. It was an hour long with three different people, one after the other. Since it was a temp position, the interview process was much shorter (one phone screen, one in-person interview. I submitted my resume, had the phone screen the next day, and had the in-person interview the day immediately following. The job offer came the following week with a start date for the week after.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Google product + Sell it to me. Mock sales call. What was your greatest professional challenge? How do you deal with feedback? Was there a time you disagreed with a co-worker/manager? How do you work under pressure? What do you think will be the greatest challenges about this job? How will you deal with them?   Answer Question

Demand Management Representative [Contract] Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Due to the nature of the project, I was hired quickly on the spot for the role. I had one screening and one phone interview, both were nice and accommodating. My interview were pretty standard and require some minimum knowledge of Google for Work products. My role was in sales so all my interview questions were behavioral and sales related.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the cloud to a 12 year old? What is your biggest strength? How would you deal with angry customers?   Answer Question

3D Artist Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

First, you're contacted by a HR person, and they check your availability. Then they schedule an interview with a second person. This person seems to be sort of an intermediate HR person with some technical knowledge. For this first interview, there's a shared Google doc where they will test you for any technical skills (specifically programming) to ensure that you know how to do what you said you could. After that, presuming that you don't blow it, they schedule an interview with the program manager of that department. Since this job had management aspects, I was mostly grilled on my management experience.

Interview Questions

• what are the 5 stages of a project   1 Answer

Enterprise Demand Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter initially and we set up a phone call time. On the day of the phone interview a woman (not the recruiter) called me ten minutes after the schedule time which I thought was a little rude because at the end of the interview she said she had to rush off to a meeting. Given the interview was VERY technical and I should have prepared a lot more so "rushing off to a meeting" might have been a lie.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges Google Enterprise faces in the future? or How would you explain cloud computing to a year old child?   Answer Question

Demand Management Associate Interview

Interview

Consists of one call with recruiter, one phone-screen, and an onsite. Everyone was nice and pleasant throughout the process. Focused on questions to gauge your experience and knowledge of the product. Overall was a good experience with a company that expects the best. Process did take a while though.

Enterprise Demand Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Was about a month long process. Went through 4 phone screens before being flown out to Mountain View for on-site interviews. Met with 4 people in person, and had seemingly positive interviews with each. About two weeks later I got the word that they were going in another direction. I tried to push for some feedback, but they said it was against their policy to share. Really curious about what happened.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Google?   1 Answer

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in March 2014.

Interview

Started with an online application. Received an interview request by email and scheduled 2 initial phone calls. Each call was with an existing PM and was 45 min. Final round was 3 45 minute calls, 2 with senior PMs and 1 technical interview with a Software Engineer Team Lead.

Interview Questions

• Describe the concept of big data to a 5 year old.   Answer Question
    • What changes would you make to Google Maps to appeal to 17 year old girls in Japan?   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was unable to fly out so I was interviewed several times via phone. We went through the resume and they asked me several questions about my interests in the Google sector that was interviewing me, etc. They also asked me to name a couple of their most recent products and to give them feedback on how it should improve moving forward, etc. Other than that, there were parts that were more analogous to a consulting style case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one product that our team has launched recently and what you would do to improve it (if anything).   Answer Question

Product Management Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR in early December to apply. Applied immediately and heard back from them in early February. Two rounds of phone interviews, 50 mins each.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: If you had to fit your entire MBA curriculum into a month, how would you go about it?   Answer Question