Google Marketing Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Product Marketing Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied Online in December. Received an email in February asking me to do 2 phone interviews. Phone interviews were 2 back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Mostly standard behavioral questions, some industry and market sizing questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a product that you don't like. How would you fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, In-person interview, and be knowledgeable of the IT market.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2012.

Interview

Three phone calls, each about 45 minutes long. Interviewers were very friendly. They typically started by asking resume-related questions and then switched to asking about products that I liked and how I would market them differently. The interview ended with a case question (early on it was short, later in the process it was 70%+ of the interview). The case required some basic market sizing, positioning and target market considerations.

Interview Questions

Got an offer somewhere else that was more appealing.

Product Marketing Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I was recommended by someone internally, and was promptly emailed to schedule a phone interview shortly afterward - I think they always give you a phone screening if you're submitted internally. I interviewed with a Product Marketing Manager, who was pretty tough overall. I felt like the interviewer was on a strict time schedule so this left no time for small talk to make the interview more conversational.

Interview Questions

• What is the most technical subject you've ever learned? Now explain it to me as if I'm a 5th grader.   Answer Question
    • What's your main takeaway after having been in your previous position for several years?   Answer Question
    • How many car batteries are sold in the U.S. every year?   1 Answer

Marketing and Business Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2012.

Interview

i applied two months before my internship opperiod for google and then i got the email about internview and gave interview online and then came to singapore and gave presentation round and skills check and cleared it and also they did a beckground check and after one and half a month i got the confirmation mail.

Interview Questions

• why we should hire you as marketing intern?   1 Answer
    • how will you teach less literate people when it comes to promotion of google+ in developing or less developed countries?   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was a learning process and be patience thats it.