Google Operation Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Multiple inperson and telephonic interviews. Pre-scripted questions. Telephonic screen with Recruiter then, multiple interviews. Questions were mostly situational based forcing you to think through your answers. Each interviewer was friendly and professional. A very laid back overall experience as I expected from Google. Unfortunately, I did not get the job as it was highly competitive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a Google product you have used...what do you like, what would you improve...   Answer Question

Technical Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Standard Google process. First contact by recruiter, followed by phone interview with a technical resource, followed by an on-site interview series at the Mountainview campus that assesses technical expertise, organizational leadership expertise, and cognitive ability. Interview questions are under NDA, so I won't be posting them.

The issue with recruiting at Google is that the candidates don't understand that it's continuous recruitment. The day that a candidate has the on-site interview the position that s/he is applying for may have already been filled. One can ace the interviews, can make it through the hiring committee, just to not be selected because the position is no longer available.

My advice is to not rage about that but to keep a good relationship with the Google recruiter. If another position opens up then one is able to be considered for that position if the overall consideration process identified one as viable candidate.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are under NDA. Nothing out of the ordinary was asked.   Answer Question

Technical Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview with HR. Then two phone interviews - one with an engineer, the second one with a talent manager. Google recruiting team stayed very engaged during the interview process. The second interview had to be a Google Hangout Interview, but the interviewer decided to do it over the phone. A recruiter called to deliver a rejection notice, and encouraged to apply for other positions.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Team management, team motivation, decision making, etc.   1 Answer

Partner Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews: First was a phone screen with HR/the recruiter. Second was a Google Hangout interview with a peer in the team. Third was an on-site interview with four people--two peers, one manager, and one cross-functional peer. The process was very long though, so requires a lot of patience, but I received a lot of follow-up and feedback in between the wait periods.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding how I would react in different scenarios that can happen on the job for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. Be courteous and nice during the negotiations as well (being "Googly").

IT Hardware Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Tulsa, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

Several phone interviews with one onsite interview. The interviewers were the best I've ever dealt with. They went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable throughout the process. The recruiters were amazing. They were in constant contact and helped with prepping for the interviews. I was very nervous about the types of questions they would ask but all the questions were situational and I found that type of question brought out my critical thinking skills. The questions were challenging but manageable. It was a great interview process, a bit long but great.

Interview Questions

• You are pulled aside by a peer and she informs you that a peer team is having problems with your team. They feel that your team isn’t pulling their weight. What do you do?   Answer Question

Partner Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted in April 2016 after applying for the Partner Operations Manager role in Pittsburgh, PA. They informed me that the position had been filled internally but they would like for me to interview for the same position in Mountain View, CA.

First Round: Screening call with the recruiter. It's very high level and just the standard screening call to learn more about your background, experiences, skill sets, and why you want to work for Google and why you want the role you applied for. Very easy--the recruiter I worked with was great.

Second Round: If you pass the screening, you are asked to have a Google Hangout interview with someone who is currently in the same role you're applying for. I prepared for this by reading Glassdoor and the Google jobs page. I also made sure to know the job description inside and out. I practiced my answers aloud to make sure my stories sounded cohesive and well constructed. Basically just practice, study, and do your best to predict what they want to hear. There were general behavioral and hypothetical questions. With the hypotheticals, they want you to take your time and think through your analytical process out loud. At the end of the day, they want to see how you approach problems and assess your problem solving skills. They also test for "Googleyness" in this round. Basically, how enjoyable are you to speak to? I actually had a lot of fun with this round. My interviewer was great and we had what by the end felt like a great conversation. It definitely eases your nerves to just treat this like a chance to meet someone new and have an engaging conversation!

Third Round: If you pass the Hangout, you are invited to the onsite interviews which were in Mountain View for me. This is where it definitely got tough. It's 3 hours of interviews with 4 different people. My voice was raspy after speaking about myself for 3 hours straight. My first interview was for company fit and "Googleyness" as well as discussing previous experiences. That one went very well as my interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to. The subsequent interviewers on the other hand were not very warm or engaging. I started to realize that the role was not an exact fit for my experience based on the more product management spin on the questions thereafter. I had prepared a lot, but was thrown by some of the technical questions but did my best to construct answers to them.

Unfortunately, I was not moved onto the Hiring Committee, but I agreed that this role was not a great fit for me by the end of the process. Overall, it was a very positive experience and the recruiter I worked with was very helpful and kind. I think the interviewers you get in the third round definitely could make or break you. I unfortunately got stuck with some unpleasant and kind of socially awkward people. Smart, but not easy to talk to. Overall, it was a good experience, rigorous, but definitely amazing interview practice.

Interview Questions

• I can't disclose exact questions due to the NDA, but be prepared to think aloud. Make sure you have a very methodical and clear cut approach to a problem. They don't want to see a scatter-brained approach. Prepare for hypotheticals, behavioral, and past experience questions. Make sure you have very good examples of previous work situations that tell a good story.   Answer Question

Manager, Consumer Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

The process was long but handled a notch better than those of similar sized companies.A quick phone screen followed by 2 hangouts, an onsite with 5 interviews , a hangout with a Director, and a follow-up onsite with 1 interview. I received the offer verbally 3 months after I started the process and had the written offer on mail a day later. The most intelligent ,driven people I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Estimate no of page views for a specific forum. Build a functional plan for <Google X project> in 2020.   Answer Question

Sales Vendor Operations Manager, Fiber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I recieved an email for an phone interview. Phone interview went well. Thereafter I was invited for an onsite interview at Mountain View. Flight, hotel and car is covered by comapny.You can expense all other stuff after interview process. Honestly the recruiter did a great job of preparing me. She was laid back and always checking in.
    I had 4 interviewers for a total of 5 hours. Half was video conferenced and other half was in person. The interview questions were not that tough. Most of the questions were around contact center strategy.
    I truly don't think Google know what they want in this role. They are still trying to figure out the strategy around opening Fiber.

Interview Questions

• Would you use the same vendor contact center for SMB and RES customers?

How do you get your team focused or motivated?

Tell me about yourself?

Questions about the Google fiber rally (fiberhood).

Tell me whar you know about Google Fiber?

How will Fiber help our communities?   Answer Question

Global Operational Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Google Career website. Received a phone call from Google HR a few weeks later notifying me that they would like to have a phone interview with me. There were mostly behavior questions in the phone interview. Overall speaking the interview went well. A few days later HR emailed me saying that the hiring manager has decided to proceed with other candidates. Good experience as the HR person was nice and professional.

Senior Operations Data Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process is done with a group of managers and techs interviewing a single candidate at one time. Tech questions are not overly difficult for anyone of moderate skill.

Interview Questions

• Your attitude is the most important thing. Layoff any "fluffing" your experience. Tell it straight and have a personality. Don't be so nervous you can't talk.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easily managed. I accepted their offer.