Google Senior Systems Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Senior Systems Administrator Interview Questions

3.5

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and I enjoyed meeting with everyone. Everyone was friendly and professional and treated me respectfully. I passed the 1:1 onsite and then even passed the notorious hiring committee only to get shot down later without a good reason. Recruiter seemed to know the reason but was unable or unwilling to share.

Interview Questions

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Well... it was... how do I say this... it was a no sense interview... briefly we talked about my background and what the position was about, after this the recruiter ask me 4 questions. I only answered one right. The questions were related to the LS command, the Kill command, the /etc/passwd file and the Sticky Bit... bear in mind, it looks easy I use those commands everyday... but you better memorize the whole manual pages and all the different variables to actually get a correct answer and a real interview with a real Engineer!!! well... I'm guessing that I'll do this again later and see how it goes... maybe I'm not cut to work at Google who knows...

Interview Questions

• What is the default kill behavior?   1 Answer
    • How to see the inodes of a file?   3 Answers
    • Which fields are not supposed to be in a /etc/passwd entry?   2 Answers
    • Which one is the bit of the Sticky Bit?   4 Answers