Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017
7,039 Interview Reviews

3.4

Account Strategist Interview

Interview

It's a long, gruelling process, but there's a reason for every step - once you're in they really take care of you!

Recommendations
    - make sure you're prepared, have some industry knowledge, specific knowledge for the role, and practise different styles of questions
    - be yourself, and show how you specifically are unique (it also makes you more relaxed when you don't have to pretend!)
    - stay upbeat no matter what they throw at you

Enjoy and good luck!

Interview Questions

• Run through all the questions others have put up on glassdoor   Answer Question

Legal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

After an initial phone interview with the recruiter that took about 20 minutes, there was a meeting with the recruiter in person followed by an interview with some people at legal department totaling about 40 minutes, then some 1:1 at engineering departments, each 20-30 minutes

Interview Questions

• was asked to write an algorithm to solve a sorting problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

Sent me an email for initial contact after I had already applied and interviewed before. Had a brief phone call then they sent me a link to a programming assessment. Asked 2 very involved problems to solve in their homemade IDE within an hour. Impossible for any normal person to do in that time. Solved the first one but ran out of time on the second. Sent me an email saying they wanted to personally call me with the results just to tell me no.

Interview Questions

• One was a weird question that involved taking specific digits out of a large number and adding the rest together. The other one was a weirder question about looking thru a directory except the directory is a single string.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Even having a Google employee friend refer me for this job I had to do many rounds of interviews including a computer science knowledge test over Google hangouts video chat.

Interview Questions

• What are the different ways to find out the location of a user that connects to internet services through a browser?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in March 2015.

Interview

There were 4 or 5 people take turn interview. They ask a lot and very hard question. I thought im done eith and Im very suprise when i got it.
    I dont know about other people for me are very tough tough tough interview for me

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

2 45 minute phone interviews. Back to back! Found it very difficult and challenging. Had one graph related problem and one dynamic programming problem. Make sure you are thoroughly prepared.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

1.Phone screen - basic conversation with recruiter to show confidence.
    2.Whitepaper code - phone call with shared empty google doc.
    3.Project - 24-hour task.
    4.Onsite - Meet with a team.
    5.Review - Final approval sequence (still can drop).

Interview Questions

• Interviewer gives a problem in business words (no specs).   1 Answer

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and then contacted by a recruiter from Google.

1) 30 minute phone screen by recruiter. Very basic, just trying to get a high level overview of past work experience.

2) 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. More specific questions about your experience and background

3) Was brought onsite to interview in Mountain View, CA. Spoke with 4-5 people and had lunch on campus with someone on the team. Each interview was 45 minutes to an hour and 1 was over video conference. They brought in someone who wasn't on the CS side who stumped me with a few product management type questions but other than that most of the questions were very relevant.

After the onsite interview I heard back a few days later that I did well and I was moving on to the hiring committee. This still didn't mean I got the job, I still had to negotiate the offer and pass an approval from the hiring committee and the president of Fiber.

I finally passed each of these steps and signed the contract.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have very ambitious OKR's and not meet them or obtainable OKR's and meet them?   1 Answer

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

2 Phone, 2 Hangouts and 2 On-site interviews
    Everything will be described to you by Email - if you learn the stuff which are mentioned by mail, then it is doable.

Questions in web tech (http, dns, routing), behavioural questions, programming interview, and linux.

Overall all interviewers were very friendly and polite, provided help when I got stuck and it was more like a discussion with a technical fellow and didn't feel like an interview.

Business Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2016.

Interview

I had a great experience while interviewing with Google. Before I mostly interviewed with investment banks and I can't even compare the difference in the attitude of Google HR vs HR at banks as well as interviewers. HR at Google are there for you and really want you to succeed so you may have any questions before the interviews they will try to help you! Interviewers were genuinely interested in getting to know me, my strengths and weaknesses and through rigorous case studies my abilities to step out of my comfort zone and think on a spot. It is a bit like a consulting interviews where they can give you hints/or you ask questions while solving a case study. Overall, my personal advice for you is to do not underestimate the preparation! I spent a LOT of time researching and learning about Google and it worked out! I am joining Google in June 2017!

Interview Questions

• Since I can't share the exact case study questions I got asked, I will give you an overview of the content. Every interview was focused on examining a different skill set, unlike investment banking interviews( which I was more familiar with) the questions were often very unexpected so they put you on the spot and you have to give them an answer, which might seem hard at the beginning but at the end of the day they mainly want to see your way of thinking. Many questions were focused on assessing my personality and skills like teamwork, analytical thinking, problem-solving. Unlike banking interviews, here you can't come across too confident because that's just not what they are looking for. So my advice is to be yourself, know a lot about Google products and how they generate revenue and talk about your extraordinary achievements! Being average won't get you a job at Google- you need to be outstanding and extremely motivated, driven. Good luck!   Answer Question