Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,552 Interview Reviews

3.4

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I interned with Google and interviewed for the SWE role and had onsite interviews. The interviews went seemingly well, but Google was not pleased apparently. It seems the interviews are weighed more heavy than your actual project over the summer because I did phenomenal and my manager wrote great feedback.

Interview Questions

• Given a family tree, how would you find the least common ancestor?   Answer Question

PM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

It was difficult but fair. I would suggest preparing significantly using online resources. Study the case interviews aspect more in depth if that's unfamiliar to you. The way the interview its possible to study hard but still stumble due to the broad set of possible questions.

Interview Questions

• What are 7 ways to estimate the size of the global fishing industry.   Answer Question

Engineering Practicum Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Claremont, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

There were 2 coding interviews to get accepted, then internal team interviews to determine intern placement. Internal placement is very long and your project is undetermined until a team accepts you.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

1. 45-min phone screening: 1 coding question and 1 open-end discussion.
    2. 5-rounds on site interview: 4 rounds of coding questions about basic algorithms knowledges, and 1 round manager talk about behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions: buy/sell stocks, bfs/dfs, load balancer, open-end discussion.   Answer Question

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

5 sessions with interviewers from different teams, each approx. 30 minutes. The questions are mainly technical types. Each session would have 1 to 2 questions, depending how long it takes you to answer the first one. Each question would typically comprise of smaller sub-questions, so you can at least answer part of it. Overall, well designed process for evaluating your thought process and ability to work with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How to efficiently randomize a deck of cards.
      Detect cycle in directed graph.   Answer Question

Google EP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google in January 2016.

Interview

There are two 45 minute phone screen calls. Each question is on data structures and algorithms. The overall process took about three weeks because we have to arrange the call time, but their HR team was very nice and accomodating.

Interview Questions

• I signed a form that says I can't share, but mainly the questions are basic data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beirut (Lebanon)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Beirut (Lebanon)) in March 2016.

Interview

Clear and concise. Multiple topics to be covered. Several individuals will be interviewing separately. Role related questions and General Cognitive Ability are also to be tackled. The remaining procedure can be customized and differs from one position to the other

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Oslo (Norway)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied with my resume, and was invited for a interview with a head recruiter of Google. The interview was helpful, fun and really gave me a good picture of Google as an employer.

Interview Questions

• A customer of Google calls you, and says she is going to stop using Google products. How would you solve that?   Answer Question

Google Engineering Practicum Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

Sent my resume on November 2016, got an email a week later saying I got the interview. I interviewed via Hangouts one month later. There were 2 interviews, Interview questions were easy-medium difficulty. Got an email a week after my interviews saying I didn't get the job.

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in September 2017.

Interview

I applied onilne for a position far from where I am currently and the recruiter failed to phone screen me several times at the very moment I contacted her at the scheduled time. I would say the whole experience is fine but the beginning is definitely a disaster. I woke up early and stayed up late in the middle the night to talk to a recruiter but only left with anger and disappointment. After this annoying phone screen ends, I was interviewed with three Googlers, who are my future managers and ()a senior analysts. I didn't pass the fourth interview (phone screen included).