Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Google

10,277 Interview Reviews

3.3

OTA Interview

Interview

This was the most fun I've ever had at an interview. The guys were very laid back, and seemed very interested in not only my professional skills but also my hobbies and personal likes and dislikes.

Interview Questions

• how do you cut a cake into 8 equal slices with only 3 cuts   4 Answers

Contract Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, there will be a phone interview. You will have one of the team member to interview you and prepare yourself to take on the challenge questions. The second step is onsite interview if you pass the phone interview. There will be a six hours interview with the group you may interact or work with.

Interview Questions

• What is you experience working with the contract manufacturing?   2 Answers

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Takes 6 interviews, focused on prestige degrees

Interview Questions

• Will go through resume extensively and want to have specifics on past achievements   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long

Contracts Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2014.

Interview

Googler recommended me for the job and passed my resume to a recruiter...interview with recruiter a week later...one phone interview with hiring manager...6 interviews at Google campus. The first two interviews went well and touched upon work history, how it would relate to the job and then one critical thinking question that was reasonable. After that, the 6 interviews in one day on campus were interesting to say the least - having interviewed countless people over my career, I found this portion of the process to be useless in determining fit either technically or personally. In one simple word I would consider the hiring process to byzantine at best.

Interview Questions

• Agreed not to disclose questions, but be prepared for questions that have NO relevance to the job   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviews are ridiculous and do not provide insight into whether a candidate is a good fit or qualified for the position. Interviews are designed to evaluate how you go about solving a problem without an easy solution.

Interview Questions

• Why are manhole covers round?   1 Answer

Negotiation

person to negotiate was conveniently out of town until after I had to submit papers confirming acceptance of offer, so had to accept lower offer if wanted job. Some others mentioned having better luck.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

They make you take a test on your googleyness - a test to basically check how you will fit into the google culture. You get interviewed by every single member of the team that you will be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - you take the offer. Its the best place to work!

Patent Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

All morning, four meetings with different people, asking different questions. Much less of the social type questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, many technical questions and legal questions.

Interview Questions

• Described a process for optimizing (at assembly level ) a loop used in a search algorithm. Asked me what was commercially important to claim and how to write a claim.   1 Answer

Patent Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process. I had 3 phone interviews before being flown out to HQ in Mountain View. Where I spent the entire day meeting with attorneys and engineers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked at one point to draft patent claims on the spot for a fictitious invention.   1 Answer

Patent Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved a preliminary phone screen that lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and very easy to talk to. She did not ask difficult questions, but asked primarily questions about my background and why my experience would make a good fit for Google. She was kind enough to also allow me to ask some questions about the department for which I was interviewing. Overall, this was not a tough interview/phone screen.

Interview Questions

• What Google product are you currently most interested in?   Answer Question

Patent Docketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed on the phone twice. The first interview consisted of 1 question. The woman who interviewed me was 20 minutes late calling in and then was rude and short on the call. The second interview lasted about an hour. Again, the man interviewing was late calling in and VERY rude and short. The interview was very difficult and they make you feel very stupid.

Interview Questions

• Describe the different ways prosecution of a patent can end.   Answer Question
    • You have 7 balls. One weighs more than the others (not significantly). You have a scale, like the scales of justice. Describe how to find the weighted ball only using the scale twice.   2 Answers
    • What is the patent litigation process.   Answer Question