Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017
7,897 Interview Reviews

3.4

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Did an interview on campus and then invited onsite. Met with the team. There weren't whiteboarding questions. Just general cs questions like processing versus threading and then brain teasers. There were about 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

There are four interviews. First is a phone screen and then three onsite interviews. All the interviews are product interviews, except for one of the onsite interviews, which is technical. There is also a homework assignment between the phone screen and onsite.

APM Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied online through a referral. I heard back about two weeks later and was asked to set up a phone interview. Had a 45 min Phone Interview with a Product manager asking basic PM type question that you might find on pminterview.com or Cracking the PM interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Took a "foo-bar" test, which coding test through the chrome browser and got an email from a recruiter to arrange the schedule of a phone interview. I could pick several available time and date then they finalize the schedule. I had phone interviews, which a two-hour coding interview by two different interviewers. Each interviewer gave me different problem and they have different style. For example, one interviewer allowed me to any of materials to solve the problem but the other didn't.

Interview Questions

• A question on the data structure in programming such as HashMap. They gave me a coding problem and asked the computational complexity of the solution.   Answer Question

SRE Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The initial interview was quick and included some technical trivia. The contact person was very helpful in describing the position and briefly reviewed my qualifications. Overall, I think they are focused on following their own process and so I did not need to give any elaborate narration to describe my background, which like anyone has some variation to 'normal'.

Interview Questions

• What are the guarantees on search time for various data structures?   Answer Question

Strategy Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Took 4 weeks in total. Overall process was very professional - interviewers were well informed about the process and cared about interviewee experience. Proper combination of case (verbal business case, data analysis, market sizing) and behavioral questions. Although not landed onto the offer, interview experience was great to learn working at Google and its culture. Final decision was delivered by phone (not a thank you email) and the recruiter provided feedbacks from interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What is your mid and long-term professional goal and how Google fits in that path?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me.

Single phone screen and then onsite. Recruiter called within an hour of phone screen to inform me of progression to onsite.

Onsite consisted of 5 45 minute technical interviews and 1 lunch interview.

Took three weeks from onsite to offer. Recruiter communicated with me twice a week during this time period.

Very pleased with the professionalism of everyone involved in the process.

Interview Questions

Interview

Recruiter approach, one phone screen, design exercises, exercise review, onsite interviews with five designers, one graphic designer, two UX researcher, two UX designers, and last, team match with different managers

Senior Scientist Interview

Interview

Phone interview, following email recruitment. I met a Project Manager at a conference, and that conversation was followed up by a recruiter email contact and subsequent phone interview. We talked for 45 minutes, focused on my work and the scope of the project.

Interview Questions

• Describe a current scientific project, and then its future extensions   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Very satisfied with the overall interview process, I feel that my recruiter was on top of things and the questions were interesting. I applied online and was asked to submit a coding challenge. After passing this stage, I was scheduled for two phone interviews. A third was later scheduled following the results of the first two (I was told that this would be the final interview before an offer, and was not extended one). The questions were generally very good, and covered data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Print all simplified fractions between 0 and 1 that have denominators less than or equal to n.   1 Answer