Google Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 30, 2017

3.4

120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY).

Interview

Sent in resume various times but hadn't heard back from a recruiter till I was referred. I sent in resume and cover letter and within 10 days had an initial phone call.

No crazy out of the blue questions asked- more just seeing if I could answer questions articulately.

Next step they flew me to the office to interview- 3 interviews in 2 hours. Most questions were expected and relevant to the job - but if you're applying to the ads team make sure you do obviously some background research on the ads ecosystem.

Lastly, I heard back from them about 2 weeks later that I received the role, and then had 3 start dates to choose from.

Interview Questions

• I was shown a chart and asked to pull out trends in the data   Answer Question

Negotiation

As this was entry level negotiation wasn't a factor

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Had to spend hours preparing for interview and then never heard back from recruiter. I finally found out I was rejected when a friend looked my name up in HR

Interview Questions

• How would you answer a difficult client?   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied to the TAM position on Google Career section. Got a call where the HR person talked to me about the job. After little chat and finding that it is a good fit. He explained the next step and what to expect during a technical interview. Even though it is a TAM, the interview will involve coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Initial Phone interview is a simple chat and get to know about the job and your skillset   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Initially, the recruiter contacted me for a phone screen. Then scheduled a google hangout interview with a technical account manager. Received a reject email few days after the interview. The interview consists of Algorithms ; web programming ; behavioral questions. Nothing was hard. Many questions were not very technical.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Interview

Google interview process can be time-consuming and complex. You are phone screened by two recruiters before they set you up for two levels of technical interviews online. If you impressed the online interviewers with all the smart answers, and finished writing a computer program (with working solution) on the fly within the minutes they set up for you, you would be invited to a full-day interview onsite with three different interviewers. Finally, a hiring committee decides hire or no-hire with votes and scores.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with recruiter- standard interview questions (interest in position, name a time when..., stressful situation examples, etc.). Recruiter mentioned on the phone that she would be reaching out with an email to set up a time to meet with hiring manager.

Spoke with hiring manager for 45 minutes (longer than the scheduled 30 minutes). Interview was very conversational, not necessarily interview questions. You definitely need to be knowledgeable about what you do and how it applies to the position you are interviewing for.

Received a follow up note from the recruiter with positive feedback, but ended up not getting job due to internal candidate. Entire process lasted ~3 months.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

contacted through email for a phone interview. did not make it past that

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through their website, got a call back 2-3 weeks later and was scheduled for an initial 30 minutes phone screen. The first phone call was simply to let me know about the role and what it entailed and if I had any questions. She explained the interview process.

Second interview was a 45-60 minute google hangout interview with a senior technical account manager. The questions asked were pretty technical and were mostly all related to web technologies and how to display ads on a page.

Questions I got:
    1. Tell me about a time where you had to say No to a client.
    2. Imagine you work at a small startup, and you have a small website. Your lawyer comes in and asks you to take down a webpage because there is a bad image that was uploaded on your page and an advertiser is threatening to sue you. You must act immediately. How can you proceed to remove the ad/shutdown the web page.
    3. Imagine you are a startup with a similar service to gmail and you are running on a single server. Your service is becoming very popular and things are starting to be very slow for the users. how can you improve your performance with the limited budget you have as a startup.
    4. You work at Noogle, a startup just like google that focuses on selling advertisement space for publishers and gains revenues through clients clicking the ads and advertisers paying you per click. Overnight, your revenue declined 50%. What can you do to understand why revenue has declined?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

1 phone call with the technical recruiter, ~30mins.

1 phone call with the Technical Account Manager, ~45mins
       - Project questions
       - Behavioral questions
       - Google document: Algorithm + DS questions

Interview Questions

• I didn't pay attention to time/space complexity of the code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Fairly long and drawn out, even relative to other positions at Google:

1.) Recruiter contact/interest screen
    2.) Technical phone screen focused on problem solving and general technical ability
    3.) Technical phone screen focused on coding and design
    4.) Four-plus hour (with lunch) on-site interview round covering design/architecture/problem solving, sales and client facing skills, and coding
    5.) Group presentation followed by a Q&A panel session (at the end of the onsite round)

Coding questions are somewhat more difficult than average, but still nowhere near as challenging as those you'd typically get in a software engineering interview at a very selective company. That said, given the number of hats you're expected to wear in this role, questions will cover a wide breadth of topics which makes the overall difficulty of the interview fairly high.

Interview Questions

• A number of IT-related questions about systems and networking which weren't terribly familiar to me; my background is concentrated in math, algorithms and theoretical computer science.   Answer Question

Several reasons:
    1.) I was independently promoted and received a very substantial increase in compensation from my current employer (i.e. not a counteroffer, but natural progression) around the same time.
    2.) The position seemed likely to take my career in a direction that wasn't terribly interesting to me.
    3.) Compensation wasn't competitive with other opportunities I was considering around the same time, including remaining in my current position (with promotion).

In short, it was modestly enticing, but only just; I wasn't really motivated to accept it.