Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 1, 2017

3.6

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Two round phone screen, scavenger hunt in SF, full day onsite interview. Technical screen as well as lot of product questions centered around user needs and architectural development. Lunch provided though and bus provided

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Standard interview process, firstly you were asked to introduce yourself, then you were asked to talk about a project in which you excelled. The reviewer may raise some questions based on your answer. Then come the technical review. The process takes around 30 min, which is fine.

Interview Questions

• Several questions concerning basic thinking of product manager   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Smooth process starting with a 45-minute on-campus screen in their local office and then a second-round on-site interview in the NYC office. First round interview primarily evaluated product skills. Second round included a wide range of back-to-back interviews including technical, product, and fit questions as well as a non-evaluative lunch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant. The Interviewer ask many questions about product management and process management. Also some wired questions about anything. So the process is pleasant but the result is bad.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was a Software Engineering Intern the previous summer. I chose to convert to an Associate Product Manager for full-time.

They made me jump through many hoops. 2 phone interviews, 2 onsite interviews, lunch, a 3 page essay and a final interview with Brian Rakowski (VP of Android in charge of the APM program). There are even more interviews if you're not converting from an internship.

Interview Questions

• Questions spanned estimation, analytical and product. Gave me the same vibe as consulting interviews in the context of tech. Some sample questions (not asked in my interview but same flavor):

- Estimate the revenue of XYZ company
      - Estimate the bandwidth needed if you built an optical fiber connection to a colony on Mars
      - Here's a data set. Something changed and here's the new data set. Explain what happened.
      - How would you improve XYZ Google product
      - What's your favorite product? How can you improve it?
      - How would you got about building a startup that does XYZ
      - Given unlimited resources, how you fix XYZ company
      - What's wrong with XYZ? If you were the CEO, how would you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and received an email from a recruiter, who gave me some material to prepare for the interview. Then I was contacted by a recruiting coordinator, who set up my phone call. No one called me the first time around, but my recruiting coordinator quickly rescheduled me. Spoke to a second year APM. He asked me two product questions and then had me ask him about the role. I received an email two days later saying that I would not be advancing.

The questions were difficult and did not match what the recruiter and coordinator said to prepare for (ie. they said to focus more on analysis, question was about design).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Summer 2016 Internship Interview

Talk me through your resume. Felt like an ibanking "story" or "pitch". Sell this well. Your story is the thing that lasts if anything that gets you to the next round, whether it be starting your own company or small college business
    Q2: Design a vending machine for blind people or the visually impaired (45 minutes)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter. From there we setup a pre-screening phone call. That seemed to go well and I received a phone interview with another product manager. I felt that I did poorly on that but I ended up getting an offer to come onsite, which was a great experience. They brought a group of twelve other candidates on site. We stayed at a nice hotel in San Francisco. The night before the interview we got to go out to dinner with group of current APM's, really great to talk with all of them. The next day I had 5 back to back interview with a lunch break, with different managers and engineers.

Interview Questions

• Product Design, Distributed Systems, Cultural, some programming   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied through jobs at Google, had a phone interview 1 week after I got contacted.
    Recruiters were amazing, really fast at everything.
    Did not have a good experience with the interviewer. Had a lot of sound problems with an echo of myself every so often, when I told the interviewer he basically ignored my comment and told me to keep going.

Interview Questions

• Questions were normal Product Manager, product design / review / analysis of features.   Answer Question

Associate Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I converted to full-time from an APMM summer internship, so I had three interviews in total: 2 to get into the internship program and 1 exit interview. I received my offer 3 weeks after the final day of my internship. All candidates go through three rounds of hiring committee, an exhaustive process. No one person can ever make a hiring decision on their own, which is a pretty cool institution in my opinion.