Google Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Human Resources Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Many of the interviewers were not prepared and were reading my resume for the first time during the meeting. One person typed away on her laptop and barely looked at me the whole time. Most of the interviewers asked "Tell me about your background" which is such a vague question. Another interviewer was a little rude (flippant gesticulations) and asked silly questions like "What is your personality like?".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

intereviewed with a recruiter who knew less about the company than I did!! She asked me all kinds of questions about what Google products I use- not sure how that related to the job. I was very excited about the opportunity, but after talking with her, I was not at all impressed with Google- based on my interaction with her.

Interview Questions

• what was your GPA in College?   1 Answer

Training/Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

After submitting my resume through a friend via Google's internal system, about 1 month later I had a telephone interview with hiring manager lasting about 45 minutes, including questions from her to me, and from me to her. The questions were fairly straight forward -- give me examples of this and that, etc. The key take away is that the Google culture is very unique -- unstructured, no hierarchy, and that people need to be comfortable with this. If you've enjoyed working for a start-up or any sort of leaderless rebellion movement, then this is probably a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve [this challenge] given your previous experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

Google has very interesting opportunities, and detailed their position profiles well so you have a clear idea when you interview what the gig is about. However, they dont share any feedback ever, and the process lasted six months with 12 interviews in total. Their interview questions were thoughtful and meaty, and you have to know your stuff when you are interviewing with them. However, they dont build on the answers, and one has the impression they have a drop down menu memeorized in their heads of the questions to ask, and they write the answers down, but they are not necessarily considering the answer. Their office space in NY and CA is very cool, and they try hard to keep it that way. But while many believe Google is the holy grail, Google still needs to protect their brand, give feedback to candidates and significantly shorten the process.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Recruiter asked several questions related to job. These ranged from very basic to take 10 seconds to really think about a thought provoking question. Thier focus seemed to be someone who spoke organizational development and not someone who was a generalist (which is what the job descriptions was written as). While the interview seemed fine, the last question at that time was what was your college GPA... that was 15 years ago for me. I'm sure it's not at the level they wanedt to hear, but when I couldn't answer the question with an exact number, the recruiter switched to get of the phone mode. They might as well asked me what my high school locker combination was- it's about as relavent a question related to how I do my job 15+ years out of school.

Interview Questions

• Describe your overall OD experience? Site specific examples of how you implemented new processes and convinced senior leadership to back them.   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Standard phone call followed by a visit to the Google offices in Mountain View. The site is impressive.

Interview Questions

• Hiring rep was younger than me by 10 years. The hiring process at Google is weighted heavily in favor of younger candidates. Once it was clear I was too old, the rep was just going through the motions and my interview was very brief.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very good, met lots of people in the process and got to know the company well. The team wasn't as organized as I had hoped. There were lots of questions

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do in 10 years   1 Answer

Human Resources BP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (New Delhi (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

First round was Recruiter - a telecall for about 45 minutes - overview of self, why google, etc
    Round 2 and 3: 2 people from HR (one who would be my Functional Manager)
    Round 4: Business leader I would support

Interview Questions

• Why Google? Strengths? Case studies and my appraoch to them   1 Answer

A Position In People Operations (HR) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied for the position via Google's career website. Received an email from a Recruiter within a few days after applying and we arranged for a phone call in another few days' time.

It was a short 30min phone screening and the questions included basic ones such as describe your working experience, as well as more "Google-centric" questions such as "What is your favorite Google product?" and "What do you think is Google's most profitable product and do you think this will remain the most profitable product in the future?"

A few days after the phone screening, received another email from the Recruiter thanking me for my interest in Google and informing me that I will not be selected for further rounds.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions as it was just the initial phone screening.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asia (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Asia (Philippines)) in June 2013.

Interview

Got a phone screen, then a Google Hangout session was arranged to chat with the potential supervisor of the role. Conversed for around an hour. For the next month or so, three Google Hangout sessions were completed. After a month of waiting for Google's response, they turned me down as a 1st follow up candidate.

Interview Questions

• If you were to be in charge to implement a new hire orientation, what would you do?   Answer Question