Google Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supplier Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Slow,12 wks. Takeaway: sluggish company. Team lacked interview skills. Hiring mgr walked in front of me entire time, had me follow behind like a pet. Kept saying he was stretched for time. Came across as arrogant, frazzled leader. Poor reflection of Google's brand & leadership. No thx Google

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly, all basic questions. Important however, to know the commodity and supplier landscape - will be asked to summary of current market.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

1. Recruiter screening phone call
    2. PM phone interview
    3. Onsite interview
    4. Recruiter collects feedback
    5. If you still alive, hiring committee will then decide your fate

All is all, the recruiters were pleasant to deal with, and professional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, but I'd recommend really knowing their monetization model.

Quite a bit of analytical questions, product design, monetization, and general product understanding   Answer Question

Senior Engineering Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I tried to apply for a Director or Senior Director job at Google through employee referals - I knew several employees and they all highly recommended me. Google seems ill equipped to hire Senior Management folks at the Director/VP levels - they may have a separate external recruiting firm for this but I could not figure this out. The internal recruiters whom I worked with did try and find a match and finally found one position called Engineering Manager that I may be a fit for. I was much more senior - but I was curious to check Google out and compare it to the other VP of Engineering offer that I had received from a start up. I had also heard good things about Google as a great place to work, etc. - all the usual stuff you read everywhere.

Anyway about the interview, I first got a call from a Director level person and I easily passed his Computer Science style interview which talked about algorithm complexity, etc. I was invited for an in person interview and was looking forward to it. But the experience with 6 face to face interviewers left a lot to be desired. Frankly the way I was treated was "professional" but "cold". There was absolutely no attempt made to learn about me or my skills or what I brought to the table. All the interviews except one were straight standard out of the book tech Q&A. My situation was that I was very technical but had focused my career on management and not written code for several years. Their interview was tailored along newbie manager lines. They asked algorithm and design questions all of which I answered. One of the guys asked me if I wanted to write code for one of my solutions and I politely refused saying that I was not interested in writing code at this stage of my career. Another question I did not get was related to performance - it was a good problem with a creative solution but somehow my brain did not go towards the right solution. I did pick it up after I got hints but I suppose that was not good enough.

Anyway to cut the long story short, I did not get the offer since I am sure they thought I was not technical enough but from my side I never would have worked for a company that was so clueless during the interview process. The process treats everyone the same - they don't care about you, they only care if you can get their questions and I suppose that have strong faith in that process. Good luck to them.

Interview Questions

• Given US denomination coins, what is the algorithm to make change for any amount?   3 Answers
    • Complexity of Binary search algorithm   1 Answer

Vendor Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Overall I would say that my experience was negative.

I was contacted via email by an internal recruiter to schedule a preliminary phone interview. During the conversation I was informed that a more detailed position description would be sent to me electronically at the call’s conclusion. At the end of our 45-minute conversation I was never sent the position description even though I sent a follow up email to the recruiter.

Approximately one week passed and I received a vague rejection email stating that the “team” had reviewed my qualification and would be moving on with other candidates (i.e. my salary requirements were too high).

Interview Questions

• How have you improved training and quality within a call center?   1 Answer

Media Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

submitted my resume on their website in late November. Got an email from the recruiter in late January and did a phone interview within 2 weeks after the contact. Scheduled for an on-site interview in early March and then got my offer at the of March.

I didn't go through a phone interview with the recruiter, but instead the manager of the team I was potentially going to be hired in. the 1:1 interview was with 3 people who were in the same org. I didn't get asked any brain teasers or technical questions because they were aware that I didn't have any experience and I was a college grad.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if your campaign is supposed to end this friday, but it's not delivering as expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

tried to negotiate, but no use

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

took 1 phone interview with a google recruiter. the purpose of this call is not to discuss the role, but more of your personality, interests, and experience. call was about 30 -40 mins long, recruiter was polite and familiar with my resume.

Interview Questions

• - what is google's main source of revenue?
      - what's your favourite google product? how would you improve it?
      - tell me about one challenge you faced living abroad   1 Answer

Associate Product Management Interview

Interview

it was nice but rushed. they were not very interested to begin with i think. the interviewer was friendly after i made an effort to make conversation with him. the process was easy enough - the hr rep was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• what was your favorite project so far?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google (Pune (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

indpro eng. services pvt ltd.pune based company.less employees.infrastrucure was good. giving less salary.

Interview Questions

• about yourself?about family backgroud?   1 Answer

less salary

Risk Management Audit Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Google in July 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone with terrible interpersonal skills and lack of knowledge regarding the profession. The interviewer also completely failed to make the first assigned interview over the phone. After 30 minutes of waiting, I called the recruiter to confirm if the interviewer would be calling.

At the end of the day, the interviewer only asked a narrowly focused set of questions over his personal cell phone (terrible quality - I had to ask several times for him to repeat himself).

It was clear that the interviewer only had the job because he previously consulted there and they needed people to fill a gaping hole.

Interview Questions

• Describe what risks we face in social media.   1 Answer

Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 2 rounds of interviews. First Interview mostly covered basics of Google business model, knowledge about google adwords, awareness about Google's product, marketing ideas of some of the Google's products and few maths puzzles. Second interview had macro level issues faced by Google and way of resolving them. Guess estimate type questions, more maths puzzles.

Interview Questions

• How many barbers are there in Delhi? It was one of the guess estimate questions asked.   2 Answers