Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017
7,434 Interview Reviews

3.4

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

tech-phone interview. applied online and waited 3 days to get the email from HR to set up a screen interview. Then tech-phone interview. The whole process is very quick and their HR is very nice

Interview Questions

• 3 open questions including R code   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

They have pretty much standardized the process. The process did not deviate from what others have said -- recruiting screening, a technical phone screening, and then a half day onsite.

Interview Questions

• Assume X_i ~ i.i.d. Unif(0,1). What is the expected length of a sequence that is monotonically increasing when drawn from the distribution?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Straightforward 2 45-min back-to-back phone interviews. Interviewed with one from Mountain View (HQ) and one from New York. They were friendly. Afterwards, the recruiter called me out of no where telling me they wouldn't be able to continue the process.

Interview Questions

• One about testing if a 2D matrix was Hermitian or not. Second was a graph problem.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

went smooth however did not feel like I was able to communicate with hiring manager well because I felt like they didn't value me . I also felt like I wasn't valued based off my expierence.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very structured. In most companies, something to remember is that they go deep, during the interview, into the projects you mention in your CV. So, technical questions are asked as you describe one of your projects

Interview Questions

• For how long do you plan to say in USA   1 Answer

Technical Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY).

Interview

The process is very well put together. They make sure to analyze you in depth. It starts with a phone screening and goes into many more interviews depending on how much data they can gather about you.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

As you'd imagine it's really hard to get a job here so it was a long process, including an initial screening all the way through a couple long-winded interview rounds and it was a little more dragged out than it should have been. I did enjoy the interview although it ultimately did not go positively.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Initial phone screen went well, followed by technical phone screen. Technical phone screen involved discussion of past work/research experience, followed by coding portion. Discussions went well. Coding problem was actually quite easy, but time got the best of me and I ended up giving a working but less than elegant solution. Received feedback in days, saying there were many positives ended up passing on me.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

First let me intorduce myself and then my dissertation. Afterwards, he asked a question about questionnaire design, measurement error and estimate of the proportion of truly interested customers and falsely reporting rate.

Interview Questions

• Essentially is about how measurement error and reliability affect your regression estimate (or just the estimate of the probability in a binomial distribution).   1 Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Got connected directly with a recruiter through email, talked to recruiter on phone and then scheduled phone interview with a Google designer immediately. The recruiter sent me a guide to how to prepare for interview which was very helpful. That went well and then I got a design exercise to work on.

Interview Questions

• What was your process for designing this interaction (portfolio related)?   Answer Question