Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Went it after applying online. Took about one week for someone to reply back for an interview. Went to their mountain view office and was warmly greeted. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes. After waiting a week, I unfortunately did not get the position. The pleasant process was very nice.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very nice people to interview with, straightforward with behavioral and some marketing questions. It was an experience that I enjoyed very much and made me want to work at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used data to solve an ambiguous problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Berkeley, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

After submitting an application on their website, they sent me a message asking me to set up a time to have a call with them. Went through that. Very basic questions.Received an e-mail asking me to set up a time to interview on-campus. Did the interview on my college campus. Did not make it past that stage.

Interview Questions

• How would you monetize Google Maps?
      What's one product that's blown your mind and why?
      What product could you see yourself working on and why?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

applied online. Two 30min, back-to-back video interviews. Asked to do a third interview afterwards. Took a decent amount of time to hear back after first two interviews, then needed to schedule third interview, and then took a few weeks to hear back after third interview

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

The scheduling of the interview went quite smoothly, and the coordinators had prompt replies. However, during the phone interview the phone connection was so bad that I could barely hear what the interviewer was saying and I could hear my echo clearly with a 2 second delay. That really distracted me from performing my best, however, after emailing them, they said they wouldn't do another interview but would take that into account while evaluating me.

Interview Questions

• They asked a very hypothetical question that required a wide range of knowledge and estimations.   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via email to set up phone interview. Phone interview:
    1) Tell me about Google a product you like and why. What would you change about it?
    2) How do you monetize Google Chromecast?

Interview Questions

• In person interview: You write a string of characters in Google Search. How do the results to populate? Walk me through where all of this information is coming from.

You have a colony on Mars that you want to communicate with. How do you build a system to communicate with them?
      2 Answers

Associate Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I did a brief screening with HR and the lady was lovely. I was then set up with a phone interview with someone in the marketing department. This experience was horrible. For a company that claims to be innovative and creative, my questions were asked off a list and the interviewer made no effort to make me think otherwise. He seemed bored and disinterested.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Standard 30min through on campus. First is a couple of behavior questions. Ask about what you have done on your resume. And then a couple of brain teaser. Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the cost of user growth   2 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Google in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial phone screening, then an onsite second round with 3 more interviews. All the interviews were similar except for one technical interview. The rest were all design questions and estimation questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers give very little feedback. Expect estimation questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Stanford, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online after going to an informational session at my college campus. I was asked to do a brief (30 min) interview at my university. Soon after, I was contacted and asked to do a series of interviews at the Google campus. At the Google campus, I had three 45 min interviews with three different people followed by lunch with a Google employee. The Google employee honestly didn't seem excited by what he was doing and didn't seem to want to be having lunch with me.

Interview Questions

• How much time is spent waiting in SFO every year?
      How would you change the security/check in process if you had unlimited resources?
      Random questions about building a video chat web site that I did not have the background to answer.
      Answer Question