Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017
7,240 Interview Reviews

3.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through Google's career page. Got contacted by a Recruiter a few days after and setup an interview. My recruiter gave me a study guide to study off of about a week prior to the interview, for me it helped a ton so I would recommend studying off of it. First interview was over the phone, around 45 minutes, pretty much all technical troubleshooting scenarios. Then I got contacted to setup two Hangouts video calls, same setup. All troubleshooting questions to see how you troubleshoot things and how you think out loud. They like to pick your brain with different scenarios and ultimately see how you react towards a worker in need of help. I got a call & email about a week and a half later saying I was not selected from their hiring committee to move forward for the role, which I was honestly shocked in. I thought the interviews went well and I answered everything they threw at me. I was definitely qualified for the role and at the end of the day was it really disappointing I could not be a part of an awesome team. Everyone from the recruiter to all the people interviewing me were super nice and awesome people to talk to, they make you feel comfortable from the start.

Interview Questions

• Can't mention any questions since I signed an NDA, but study up on that study guide and you should be ok.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I first had a phone call with HR, in which they explained the hiring process. then technical phone interview with a google doc for coding (which i did not have to use)

Interview Questions

• what are 3 different types of data structures   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Two back to back 45 min phone interviews. Talked a little about resume and projects. The first interview asked two question, one is binary search, another is matrix operation. Second interview asked one question about hashmap and union find

Interview

Phone screen and in person interview. Not too difficult since it was only for a contract role. Had to bring in a work sample as well to share with the team.

Interview Questions

• Design a study for usability testing an app   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and took no time at all. Did the phone screen and it was straightforward too. Your mileage may vary though since I've seen some tricky technical phone interviews. Was scheduled for on site, but got rejected due to meeting their quota.

Interview Questions

• uncompress a compressed string (hackerrank level)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

They contacted me a week after I applied on the Google website. Great recruiting team, really helpful. They provide a lot of helpful resources to prepare for the interview. I will definitely apply again next year.

Interview Questions

• Simple Data structure and Algorithm questions in the language you prefer.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Phone interview in a week after applying for the position, followed by on-site interview in a week or two. On-site teaching session did help me a lot understanding the process.

Interview Questions

• Design DB for huge traffic.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Interview Process involves one phone screen with my main recruiter, another phone screen with an outsider recruiter, and lastly, an on-site interview with direct manager, potential team members, and cross over interview (unbiased person interviewing for cultural fit) for four total interviews in one day. Each interview is 30-45 mins long. For each phone screen it usually takes about two days to hear back. For the onsite it takes about a week or so to hear an update.

Interview Questions

• Lots of open ended behavioral questions and several hypothetical questions asking how I would handle certain work projects. If you do research and outline stories that demonstrate the four skills that they are looking for, you will nail it.   1 Answer

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I used glassdoor A LOT for my interviews so I'm going to be as specific as legally possible. So I applied for the Associate Account Strategist position online. Then the very next day a recruiter reached out to me, which was suprising to me because I thought that the online process was pretty much a black hole and no one would ever see my resume. Anyways, the recruiter reached out me and asked to set up a phone screening. Five days later, we had the conversation and it was very basic level "why google?" "why this position?" and a brief run through of my resume. A few hours after the conversation, my recruiter said that they wanted to move forward. So we set up a back-to-back phone call with someone currently in the role and a manager five days later. This interview was a bit more specific to my experience and many times started with the words "tell me about a time when..." which I had definitely prepared for based on Glassdoor questions and materials the recruiter had given me. I had prepared for these conversations for about 8-10 hours, by the way. Both conversations went very well and the next day he got back with me to schedule two onsite interviews. Six days later, I met the Google team onsite - I was extremely nervous. I prepared even more with the materials the recruiter gave me and went over everything again in the hotel the night before. I showed up and waited in the lobby and the manager came and met me. We went on brief tour of the building which was actually very cool but I could feel my nerves building. My onsite interviews were...okay. The first went pretty rough...the manager asked VERY specific hypothetical questions to understand how I think and strategize when faced with a difficult task. I thought I handled most of his questions alright but I felt PRETTY flustered! Plus, when I'm nervous, I ramble... The second interview with my "peer" went great. I had answers to all the questions, the interviewer was engaging and interesting and I really enjoyed it. This was one of the few times I was asked about Adwords/digital advertising. After my interview, I was escorted out and waited what felt like years for the recruiter to get back with me on whether I would be moving forward. Actually, I'm being dramatic. Once again, he got back with me the very next day to tell me that they wanted to move forward in presenting my candidacy to the hiring committee. He had a few additional employment questions and then he presented my candidacy four days later. The hiring committee got back to my recruiter six days later and he got back with me that same day to present my offer. In preparation, I would not prep for off the wall crazy questions. I would focus on digital advertising, why you like THIS role, and how your skills translate to help you succeed in the role. Overall, the process was very fast and my recruiter did a fantastic job keeping in contact with me. I also really appreciated things like paying my expenses off within 3 days of me filling out the form and how incredibly friendly everyone was!!

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

1) recuiter call me to schedule phone interview 2) About 20 minutes phone interview 3) recuiter to schedule on site interview 4) then did a face to face interview with 5 engineers.

Interview Questions

• noise calculation, IMD2 interfence   2 Answers