Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018
8,005 Interview Reviews

3.4

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Had a coding challenge, then a phone screen. Did not pass the phone screen. Questions were basic algorithmic designs and involved data structures. Recruiter was pretty responsive with emails. SIgned an NDA

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Very satisfied with the overall interview process, I feel that my recruiter was on top of things and the questions were interesting. I applied online and was asked to submit a coding challenge. After passing this stage, I was scheduled for two phone interviews. A third was later scheduled following the results of the first two (I was told that this would be the final interview before an offer, and was not extended one). The questions were generally very good, and covered data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Print all simplified fractions between 0 and 1 that have denominators less than or equal to n.   1 Answer

Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Two "Hangout" interviews and one on-site interview. Three different interviewers, all members of the team in different capacities. Interviewers were friendly and fairly casual. Get there early to find your building and parking. The Googleplex is large!

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize the positions you are sourcing for?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Very unprofessional attitude of the recruiter. I completed my coding sample and snapshot survey. This was followed by a telephonic interview. Recruiter was very unprofessional and stopped answering to any of my emails after the interview was scheduled. Even after 3 weeks of the telephonic interview there has been no communication.

I have not expected this from a google. Perhaps they don't care about the candidate and doesn't feel important to inform them about the results. Very unprofessional and rude behavior.

Interview Questions

• The questions were really good. 90 minute coding sample where one problem was based on dynamic programming and other on recursion. Telephonic round was okay. Recruiter came 10 minutes late and jumped straightforward to the problem statement.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google in December 2017.

Interview

After a 15 minutes chat with a recruiter, it was a google hangout interview. We started late, so we did not have enough time to have good discussion. The result took a week.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about why you like Statistics 2) Tell me about one of your project 3) Calculation of price of Google Ads 4) Questions on a potential project   Answer Question

Senior Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Contacted by internal Recruiter via Email. Then a follow up via phone conference call.
    Recruiter discussed the job (but NEVER the culture) and mentioned some of the questions that might be asked. He then scheduled out Google Hangouts Video/Phone Conference with 4 Individuals. These individuals were the manager and others that would have a strong influence on a any decision making process. Questions asked were very "culture" and "personality" oriented. Very odd and unusual interview technique - there was never questions about my current role and/or responsibilities - No questions about any of the accounts or channel partners I current work with. No questions about my experience in the market. A very unusual interview process that was geared to an individual that might have a couple years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: Let's assume you have been working for us for 3 years - How would you describe OUR Google Culture?
      Q: Tell us a time when you differed with your opinion from others?
      Q: What was the result ? How did you communicate that?
      Q: How would you go about working with different work cultures?
      Q: Tell me about yourself ?
      Q: What would your boss say about you? And what would he say you need improvement on ?
      Q: Why Google ?   1 Answer

Staffing Channels Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seattle, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

-applied
    -phone screen
    -onsite
    -offer

The whole hiring team was amazing and so communicative. They were supportive through out the whole process. The onsite was well coordinated and the questions really made me think. Probably the best interview process I’ve been through!

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

First there was an HR interview, and that was followed by a technical interview that was done on-line. That was successful, so I was flown to Pittsburgh for a day of onsite interviews.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in December 2017.

Interview

Initial outreach from a recruiter led to a conversation and scheduled interview with a team member from their research team. The recruitment team was great, very engaging, pleasant, etc. The interview with the team member was pretty straightforward, I didn't feel particularly challenged by the questions. Heard back about a week later that I had not made the cut. Most frustrating part was not getting any specific feedback as to why. I had only moderate hopes to begin with and was looking at the experience as an opportunity to learn if nothing else and I essentially learned nothing. I met with a friend who worked there and they essentially confirmed that there are a lot of variables they look at and it either works or it doesn't and you may walk away wondering what you could have done better.

Interview Questions

• Share a methodology I would use to solve a given problem.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The so-called problem solving interview was illogical and confusing. Half of the questions were irrelevant to the position I applied for. The interviewer was not able to articulate her questions and robotically read questions from her laptop. I do not think Google used a proper and intelligent way to find right talents for their teaching positions at GCC. The negative feedback from the problem solving interview was nothing to do with logical problem solving. Rather, the feedback was that I was not able to articulate my philosophy during the interview. I was quite puzzled that my philosophy of teaching was stated the same as GCC since I am working there as a TVCs, and I found a lot of common ground when I work in the classrooms. In my work, I have gotten a lot of positive feedback and relationships with children, educators and parents. Also, the interviewer did not give me sufficient time to articulate my philosophy because she left this question at nearly the end of the interview. I questioned the recruiter to give me more specific feedback regarding my philosophy of teaching, and she said it was Google's policy that she was not able to discuss more. Overall, I did not like the negative hiring experience with Google because the interview itself did not serve a meaningful purpose to find right talents for the GCC. The feedback from the interview was irrelevant to the interview, which was a problem solving interview. The feedback sounded to me more like an excuse rather than a sincere feedback. This negative interview experience decreased my interest in applying Google, and now I have a more clear image of this company.