Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017
7,245 Interview Reviews

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Phone interview in a week after applying for the position, followed by on-site interview in a week or two. On-site teaching session did help me a lot understanding the process.

Interview Questions

• Design DB for huge traffic.   1 Answer

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I used glassdoor A LOT for my interviews so I'm going to be as specific as legally possible. So I applied for the Associate Account Strategist position online. Then the very next day a recruiter reached out to me, which was suprising to me because I thought that the online process was pretty much a black hole and no one would ever see my resume. Anyways, the recruiter reached out me and asked to set up a phone screening. Five days later, we had the conversation and it was very basic level "why google?" "why this position?" and a brief run through of my resume. A few hours after the conversation, my recruiter said that they wanted to move forward. So we set up a back-to-back phone call with someone currently in the role and a manager five days later. This interview was a bit more specific to my experience and many times started with the words "tell me about a time when..." which I had definitely prepared for based on Glassdoor questions and materials the recruiter had given me. I had prepared for these conversations for about 8-10 hours, by the way. Both conversations went very well and the next day he got back with me to schedule two onsite interviews. Six days later, I met the Google team onsite - I was extremely nervous. I prepared even more with the materials the recruiter gave me and went over everything again in the hotel the night before. I showed up and waited in the lobby and the manager came and met me. We went on brief tour of the building which was actually very cool but I could feel my nerves building. My onsite interviews were...okay. The first went pretty rough...the manager asked VERY specific hypothetical questions to understand how I think and strategize when faced with a difficult task. I thought I handled most of his questions alright but I felt PRETTY flustered! Plus, when I'm nervous, I ramble... The second interview with my "peer" went great. I had answers to all the questions, the interviewer was engaging and interesting and I really enjoyed it. This was one of the few times I was asked about Adwords/digital advertising. After my interview, I was escorted out and waited what felt like years for the recruiter to get back with me on whether I would be moving forward. Actually, I'm being dramatic. Once again, he got back with me the very next day to tell me that they wanted to move forward in presenting my candidacy to the hiring committee. He had a few additional employment questions and then he presented my candidacy four days later. The hiring committee got back to my recruiter six days later and he got back with me that same day to present my offer. In preparation, I would not prep for off the wall crazy questions. I would focus on digital advertising, why you like THIS role, and how your skills translate to help you succeed in the role. Overall, the process was very fast and my recruiter did a fantastic job keeping in contact with me. I also really appreciated things like paying my expenses off within 3 days of me filling out the form and how incredibly friendly everyone was!!

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

1) recuiter call me to schedule phone interview 2) About 20 minutes phone interview 3) recuiter to schedule on site interview 4) then did a face to face interview with 5 engineers.

Interview Questions

• noise calculation, IMD2 interfence   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen, followed by multiple video calls across various offices. The whole process took 3 weeks from start to finish and was quite straightforward

Interview Questions

• A roulette brainteaser. Most of the questions were more relevant to the job, though.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

- Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn
    - Initial phone screen w/ recruiter to vet out skills and experience
    - Google hangout w/ hiring manager
    -- This interview had nothing to do with sales. I was slightly disappointed that the questions weren't tailored toward anything to do with the sales process, the questions were more product based which made little sense to me. The recruiter told me to prepare for a different set of questions that were actually asked. Overall, I didn't feel like the hiring manager was very good at interviewing, it seemed like he was new to it.

Interview Questions

• You have a billion dollars to invest in the Google Cloud, what do you invest in as our next big product?   2 Answers
    • Favorite Google application?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Recruiter found me on linked in and contacted me. I had one phone interview, then went onsite for 5 interviews on the same day. It was a useful experience even though I did not get an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I applied online. The process took around 3 weeks.

Interview
    I gave an online coding test. After clearing the test I received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was a coding interview and they asked general coding problems related to basic algorithms and simple data structures. Nothing beyond standard coding interview problems. As far as I understand, I was supposed to solve them much faster, that I did.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A Google recruiter contacted me out of the blue. I had applied at Google before and I think that's where he found me, either that or through LinkedIn. He then passed me to a third party recruiter. Originally I was supposed to interview for job A, then at the last minute they said that job A was filled and I will be interviewing for job B. No question, just 'this is what's happening and we're Google so you'll do a what we say.' I had a Google Hangouts interview. Interviewer was 15 minutes late. No Googley questions, just standard interview stuff. Found out the next day that they were hiring internally instead.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied online. After 4 days, I got a chance to interview at google. I had a phone call with the recruiter, which is mainly about what the interview procedures would be like. The recruiter then settled up a phone interview for me. The phone interview is 1 hour long. At the first 5 minutes, we both introduced ourselves. Then I was asked some statistical and coding questions for next 40 minutes. The rest 15 minutes was about asking questions to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• One probability question and one r coding. Teams A and B are playing a game with 7 matches. A has probability p to win a match. What's the probability A wins the game at the 7th match.   4 Answers

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and explained the process very clearly to me on the phone. I was asked questions about my experience as well as relevant and fair technical questions. Questions were hard but well within the expectations of the job description. Afterwards I was able to ask questions about the job and the company in general.

Interview Questions

• General questions related to different materials and their properties, beam bending, manufacturing and testing processes.   1 Answer