Google Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

3.4

399 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Two round phone screen, scavenger hunt in SF, full day onsite interview. Technical screen as well as lot of product questions centered around user needs and architectural development. Lunch provided though and bus provided

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google (Cambridge, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Called, asked if I had a Visa. I didn't. Call ended. Pretty much all that happened. I was declined after that. Not sure if I have any more to say about the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

They are clear about the steps and length involved. The questions are hard and abstract. However, some of them get a bit too far fetched and makes me wonder if they aren't more in the brain teaser territory. It was only Product Managers interviewing with "case" type questions the entire time.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a challenging interview. I was originally referred from a colleague that worked there and received a phone screen. I thought it went well - they asked basic questions about my background and why Google. Then I moved on to a 1-hour phone interview the next week with someone from the PMM team, 45min of which was focused on a case. It seemed to go well, but did not move on to the next round. They kept guiding me to dive into the details more throughout the case and then left time at the end for questions.

Product Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long however I enjoyed the experience overall. I spoke with about 7 Googlers through the various stages of the process. This position was on one of their gTech teams and I would suggest that if you interview for one of the Solutions Consulting teams you make sure your technical skills are polished to the T. I got good responses from most of my interviewers however ultimately was turned down because good does not equal great and only great will get you into Google.

Questions were 70% Technical domain knowledge and 30% problem solving. My initial phone/google hangout interview after talking to the recruiter they asked about various web technologies as well as relational database questions. When I got invited onsite I interviewed with 4 different people for an hour each. 1st interview was all business related problem solving, 2nd and 3rd were more in depth about web technologies + a little UNIX, and finally the last one was a whiteboard coding problem.

I solved the coding problem using arrays however at the end realized I could've used a BST to do it faster and communicated this to the interviewer. He was very enthusiastic that I figured this out and told me all he was looking for was the fact that I knew how to evaluate different algorithms based on the time complexity of them. Looking back, although I solved the problem it took me too long to do it and things like that may be what they hold against you.

All in all the position is very attainable for someone with moderate technical knowledge. I was told I came very close but due to them being "unsure about a few of my answers" they decided to move on. You will need to make sure you are adequately prepared before walking in as this is Google, the standards are high. A few mistakes or taking too long to find a solution may cost you the offer.

Either way, have fun! Google is a great company and if you make it to the onsite you should be honored they extended the invitation. I'll definitely apply again and bring my A+ game next time!

Interview Questions

• What is hash table, how does it compare to other data structures, and when would you use one?   Answer Question
    • Describe in as much detail what happens when you enter Google.com in your browser.   Answer Question
    • If you were issued a Cease and Desist for your website, how would you go about taking it down?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pros:
    - Received a recruiter email to setup a phone screen within 2 weeks of submitting resume

Cons:
    - phone screen interview is pretty fixed, jumps straight into the questions within 45 min timeframe.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a junior person who started by asking rote questions about how many elevators to put into a building. No focus on who I was, my experience. I appreciate the desire to understand my ability to solve a problem, however it felt very impersonal.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to come up with a solution for VR for the disabled.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Standard interview process, firstly you were asked to introduce yourself, then you were asked to talk about a project in which you excelled. The reviewer may raise some questions based on your answer. Then come the technical review. The process takes around 30 min, which is fine.

Interview Questions

• Several questions concerning basic thinking of product manager   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Kirkland, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Mostly good but it seemed the tech guy and one PM out of 4 was intimidated by my experience, they kept asking un-related questions and with unrealistic assumptions and wrong logic, their reasoning was flawed too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Even having a Google employee friend refer me for this job I had to do many rounds of interviews including a computer science knowledge test over Google hangouts video chat.

Interview Questions

• What are the different ways to find out the location of a user that connects to internet services through a browser?   2 Answers