Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,871 Interview Reviews

3.4

Google Engineering Practicum Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

Was pretty easy. My interviewer was only concerned about my answer, not at all about step through process. Wasted my time telling him my thoughts. He was more concerned about the answer and how quickly you solve problems.

Interview Questions

• Find the second maximum in a list.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was online coding test consisting of two questions. The duration of this online coding test was 90 minutes. The coding questions were of average difficulty. I got a rejection in the e-mail after 4-5 days.

Google Engineering Practicum Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Two different 45 minute coding interviews. Friendly interviewers with interesting coding and algorithmic questions. After that, I waited around 1 week to get the offer. The process itself was very quick.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in November 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete a survey and a coding sample. In the survey, there were some behavior questions like what you are going to do in some scenario. In the coding sample, there are two coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a string that represents time like "15:31" find the next time that is formed by the numbers in the string(a number can be used more than once). For "15:31", the answer should be "15:33".   Answer Question
    • Given an array a[] and an integer k, a[i] means flower at position a[i] will blossom at day i. Find the first day that there are k slots between two blooming flowers.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process is normal, nothing special. The interviewer who is from one technical team of Google briefly introduced himself, and then asked two questions. Both are coding problem, and need to be done on Google Doc.

Interview Questions

• Coding problem, about string manipulation. The first one is easy, the second one is not easy to understand in fact, though I thought I was on the right track.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got email from recruiter which contained link for one coding challenge and short questionnaire to fill. The challenge was pretty standard and two questions to be completed in 90 minutes. questionnaire was of duration 15min. Within one week received an email for scheduling telephonic interview and fill another questionnaire which is focussed to know about candidate more, their interests and also had behavioral questions. The telephonic round was medium

Interview Questions

• Coding challenge:
      1) Given time in hh:mm format. Find the next higher time using the same digits.
      2) Variation of K empty slots leetcode. (https://leetcode.com/problems/k-empty-slots/)

Telephonic round:
      Given a list of integer numbers, a list of symbols [+,-,*,/] and a target number N, provide an expression which evaluates to N or return False if that is not possible.   Answer Question

Engineering Practicum Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2017.

Interview

You first submit an application with your resume, transcript, and answers to 5 short response questions. If you pass the resume screen you get 2 back-to-back technical phone interviews. I've heard for first year students one of them is a code-reading question, and the other code-writing, but for me as a second year both were code-writing on a shared google doc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2017.

Interview

Quick telephone screening, followed by an over-the-phone coding challenge with one developer. The last step was an on-site day-long session, consisting of 5 45 minute sessions, and one un-evaluated lunch interview.

Interview Questions

• More straight up JS DOM manipulation questions than I was anticipating!   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who asked for resume & graduation, then coding challenge. Then was assigned a new recruiter with a final phone interview. Heard back about a week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to display ranges of digits in a list & describe time complexity   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Standard Google approach. First I had a hangout chat followed by onsite 4 hour interview. Followed up with additional hangout review. Friendly and supportive. Some questions were repeated during on or more of the interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you manage risk and a real life example thereof.   1 Answer