Google Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017

3.3

195 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analytical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Brief call with hiring manager. Asked about motivations and high-level role related knowledge, in order to pass to next round. Hiring manager did not have deep role related knowledge, so this was a generic screening call.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a headhunter on LinkedIn.
    The position discussed were interesting, career wise, despite the fact that I am not in a hurry to leave my current place.

had a quick 20min chat with him. He than quickly sent an intro email to the Google recruiter.
    Took her 1 week to get back to me.

Than setting up interview for remote interview (despite the locality of the position) two weeks later. Two interviews on Google Hangout video conference.

I had to prepare for the interview & secured the time for it.
    First interviewer arrived, and the interview went well.

Second interviewer didn't show up.
    I emailed the recruiter 10min after it was supposed to start, and got OOO reply.
    I sent another email to the reference in the OOO email.

I waited 45min online, assuming the person could come in, any minute.

Eventually he didn't arrive, and the coordinator reference returned 2hrs later, to tell me that the original recruiter would be back next week & would reschedule. She wrote she is "sorry for the mixup". Since than, the interviewer has not appologized, neither does the original coordinator.

I am now waiting for her to get back to me.

It doesnt feel like they are in a hurry to recruit, serious about the process, or treat their candidates with much respect, to the extent that there is a human being, on the other side, waiting...

I am not confident I would want to work for a company, that treats her people with this much of disrespect.

Interview Questions

• General problem solving / Business challenges   1 Answer

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Over Hangouts:
    - Pre-screening interview with the recruiter
    - Coding coaching session
    - Coding interview on a shared Google doc
    - System Design coaching session
    On site:
    - 4 coding interviews on Algorithms and Data Structures
    - 1 System Design interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions with a strong focus on Algorithms and Data Structures. I cannot disclose content.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn saying my profile would be a great fit and he would like to talk with me. We exchanged several emails, agreed on a time, and then he never showed up to the phone interview. He didn't respond to any of my follow up emails asking what happened. Very unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google London.

Interview
    Direct onsite because I interviewed in the past and did well that time. From the time I sent my resume to interview day: 3 weeks. From interview day to offer over the phone: 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't the most difficult question. Everything what I did they asked.   1 Answer

Cloud Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

A few phone interviews and one final interview with some people live and some other remotely. This last part was totally awful. Firstly the video conference system (their own handgout) didn't work well at all especially when document sharing was needed. The worst was that panel that was supposed to evaluate me over a mock didn't even know for what job I was applying and what was the mock about. So, they started to ask questions on a situation which was supposed to be quite the opposite of what I was given. Finally, on the second part the mock, something I pick they were careless. They surely thought I had not googleness but it is me that I'll never wanna work for such a company with self-centric people. Btw, the people that were supposed to evaluated me technically were so ignorant about they topic which make me wonder how they can actually sell their cloud to large companies.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 3 calls, 1 external recruiter, 1 internal, then a call from a manager of the team, who asks more specific skills questions and asks you present a strategy for communicating a product to clients.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you have in mind when planning what product to pitch to a client, and what information would you want back from them?   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about 6 weeks.
    I was contacted by a recruiter, due to my HackerRank profile.

I first had a non-technical phone interview with the recruiter, who:
    - explained about the SRE role and environment,
    - asked about my level of knowledge on approx. 20 subjects (programming languages, technologies, IT skills, CS subjects); these subjects, as well as my resume, helped them determine the content of the upcoming technical interviews
    - asked a few canned questions about algorithms, data structures and Unix internals

Second step was a technical 45 minutes phone interview with a Google SRE, with coding in a share Google doc
    Quickly got a positive feedback on the technical interview by email from the recruiter; she transferred me to another recruiter to schedule the on-site interviews one month later. The other recruiter provided a lot of preparation information for the on-site interviews.

Thirds step was the on-site interview: one day with 5 technical coding/design interviews of 45 minutes with Google engineers + a 45 minute lunch with another engineer. I got a positive impression of the whole day, very friendly and positive attitude from the interviewers.

Finally got a call from the recruiter, one week after the on-site, telling me that the hiring committee had not recommended hiring me. No details given (company policy).

Interview Questions

• Complex design problem of a large scale system. Fortunately, the information provided by the recruiter helped me prepare for such a question.   1 Answer

BusinessLondon Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process started in November and finished in March. Patience is the key word here. The recruiter was always in communication and notified me every time I passed a level. It was an overall great process and well handled.

The interview was 2 back to back 30min interviews with 2 managers. Both were very receptive and kind. Very calm interview with no curveballs. Google want to know who YOU are!

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time you used metrics in your workplace
      Q: How would you take YouTube customer satisfaction from 80-90%
      Q: Tell me about yourself?
      Q: How do you manage your time?
      Q: Explain a recent time where you had to manage your time properly   1 Answer

Deal Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website, I was contacted by HR a few months later. I had an initial phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. We both realized my experience was slightly different from the job (though the naming was the same). I didn't get to the next phase, feedback was that they had better matching candidates. Communication was good during the whole process, positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were the (deal desk team) manager?   Answer Question