Google Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

3.4

152 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

3 phone interviews, Recruiter remains in contact, the First interviewer asked a difficult question on DFS. next was supposed to be a back to back interview but it was postponed to two weeks later. got selected for the final coding round. The interview went very well and I answered all the questions. But at last they rejected me

Interview Questions

• DFS, modification of 4sum, Simple tree question, string manipulation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Took a "foo-bar" test, which coding test through the chrome browser and got an email from a recruiter to arrange the schedule of a phone interview. I could pick several available time and date then they finalize the schedule. I had phone interviews, which a two-hour coding interview by two different interviewers. Each interviewer gave me different problem and they have different style. For example, one interviewer allowed me to any of materials to solve the problem but the other didn't.

Interview Questions

• A question on the data structure in programming such as HashMap. They gave me a coding problem and asked the computational complexity of the solution.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

feels very good, interviewers are nice and remind me when I made some mistakes and lead me to the solution. It is a quite good experience. They will ask you about yourself for a while. And then describe what you will do in next 45min.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was online coding test consisting of two questions. The duration of this online coding test was 90 minutes. The coding questions were of average difficulty. I got a rejection in the e-mail after 4-5 days.

Quality Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a scenario based, working type interview, where I reviewed ads with the team leads. It was a 3 – 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews with the manager, and 2 team leads.

Interview Questions

• Basically, they asked me questions about how appropriate (or inappropriate) the ads were, based on the company's content guideline.   1 Answer

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Pasadena, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I met the interviewer at recruitment open house at my design school graduation show. I was contacted a week after graduation and the interview happened two and a half weeks after graduation. The interview was conducted online.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, 45 minutes each. Second interviewer had heavy accent and was difficult to understand. Got very frustrated when I was not able to come to quick solution. Did not like when I would talk about my solutions and wanted me to start coding immediately. Was very strange.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Approached by a recruiter and asked to interview via phone. The team was distributed and google cloud engineer and hiring manager spoke on the phone. At first they wanted to bring people onto campus but decided to do phone interviews and format changed. The recruiting process seems dysfunctional.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SaaS and IaaS   4 Answers
    • Google Cloud vs AWS   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Venice, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a generic application field (i.e. background, skills, interests, cover letter, etc). Next round consists of live interview (done over web) asking to answer a number of statistical or programming questions

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would organize an Excel spreadsheet of given data based on certain requirements.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Sent an email to a recruiter.
    Received a reply after a week whereby i first did a phone interview and a simple coding test.
    Flew out to google LA where i did an onsite interview with more coding questions.