Google Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

3.4

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Approached by a recruiter and asked to interview via phone. The team was distributed and google cloud engineer and hiring manager spoke on the phone. At first they wanted to bring people onto campus but decided to do phone interviews and format changed. The recruiting process seems dysfunctional.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SaaS and IaaS   1 Answer
    • Google Cloud vs AWS   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Venice, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a generic application field (i.e. background, skills, interests, cover letter, etc). Next round consists of live interview (done over web) asking to answer a number of statistical or programming questions

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would organize an Excel spreadsheet of given data based on certain requirements.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Sent an email to a recruiter.
    Received a reply after a week whereby i first did a phone interview and a simple coding test.
    Flew out to google LA where i did an onsite interview with more coding questions.

Software Engineer University Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There was an initial coding challenge of 1 hour, which had 2 questions, 1 question was easy and the other was a little tough. Both questions involved string manipulation. Next, I had a technical phone interview for about an hour, with only 1 question and I was asked to optimize the solution. The interviewer was helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions

• String Manipulation Questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Relatively typical interview process, especially when it comes to what you'd expect from a Google Software Interview. Got a phone call from their interview team, and they asked about past experience and gave me a few relatively fun questions.

Interview Questions

• Eggs can be very hard or very fragile, which means they may break if dropped from the first floor or may not even break if dropped from 100th floor. Both eggs are identical. You need to figure out the highest floor of a 100-story building an egg can be dropped without breaking. The question is how many drops you need to make. You are allowed to break two eggs in the process.   3 Answers

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There are two phone interview for intern application, and the questions are about data structure and algorithm. And every interview last 45 min, the interviewer will ask you to write code on google doc. And he will describe the problems to you, you should write code on google doc.
    Firstly, the interviewer ask you about the projects in you resume, and you should answer his questions about your project, like how did you implement this project and why did you choose this algorithm to do you project.
    And then they would ask you some algorithm problems and data structure questions.
    Finally, if you have time, you could ask them some questions about their work and their group.

Interview Questions

• How to implement union find?
      longest palindrome
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It's a phone interview. Interview topics may cover: anything on your resume, whiteboard coding questions, building and developing complex algorithms and analyzing their performance characteristics, logic problems, systems design, and core computer science principles

Interview Questions

• Implement a FIFO queue using a singly linked list. How to insert locks into the enque and deque function to prevent simultaneous access by multiple threads.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First phone interview: walked through resume first, and got right into the coding using google doc
    Second phone interview: asked to introduce myself, and also got right into the coding using google doc

Interview Questions

• If you have a large amount of files on disk, and you can't load them into memory, how would you sort them?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The process took about two months. After I submitted my application online, I got an OA. It was quite simple. After I passed the OA, I have arranged a phone interview with an engineer in Google.

Interview Questions

• One technical question about array manipulation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I applied online on google career website. About 1 week later, I received an online assessment email. Then did it within one hour( solved first problem, there is not enough time for me to do the second). Then a week later, phone interview (coding algorithms) leetcode. Since I didn't perform well in the phone interview, I was declined one week after that.

Interview Questions

• OA: 2 problems using your favorite programming languages(bit manipulation, tree problem)
      Phone interview also coding problem(binary search)
      2 Answers