Google Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Several rounds of phone interviews with different levels of management. While everybody was very helpful, I often felt like I was going in circles having the same conversation over and over. The entire process took over a month and a half which was far too long.

Interview Questions

• what do you think is the most effective marketing channel?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of in-person and virtual interviews, mostly 30-45 minutes each. I spoke with a recruiter and about 5-7 other people. The people I spoke with came from the team I was applying for as well as other sales and marketing teams in the organization. Overall it was a very fun and enjoyable experience, even though I ultimately did not receive an offer for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a few days from a recruiter. Initial HR phone screening lasted about 20mins. Had a follow up 45 min phone conversation with someone from the team and then went on-site to meet with the hiring manager for another 45 mins. Everyone I spoke to was incredibly nice and positive. Ultimately, I was told the team was going through re-org and that they would not have any updates for several weeks. I was informed at the beginning of the process by HR that it would take about 4-6 weeks, however be prepared to take longer.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase duration of YouTube views on mobile devices? What's your favorite marketing campaign? How would you change YouTube to better resonate with its targeted demographic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Austin, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Ridiculous. Too much emphasis on school/GPA and not as much on actual experience and aptitude. They want to make sure you are well in-tune with all Google products, so be very knowledgeable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

I pursued Google opportunities through veteran recruiting at a top 3 MBA school in the Northeast. Of the 20 companies I have interacted with during recruiting, Google was easily the most UNPROFESSIONAL.
    -Made appointments and commitments that were not kept. No-shows for meetings leaves a terrible impression.
    -Left several messages as requested but without response. Occasionally I would get a voicemail with an excuse and a new appointment time, which veteran MBA recruiter would then miss.
    -Team sent a representative as a last-minute fill-in for the main veteran recruiter who didn't know what positions were available. Time consuming planning, not helpful.
    -Recruiter invited me to campus. I left messages to coordinate, traveled cross country, heard nothing back, then got a voicemail a few days after I came back home. Offensively bad organization. Check your calendar buddy. And your messages. ANY of them.
    -I did get a rejection email from Google months later for a position I'd never heard of or had applied . I sent that one around other HR contacts I had who were concerned but had no explanations.

WORST MBA RECRUITING TEAM

Interview Questions

• What time are you available to talk? (useless question - veteran MBA recruiter would be a no-show time and time again)   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in November 2015.

Interview

A friend who works in Google forwarded my CV and I was called for an onsite interview with one of the marketing managers.
    No prior HR interview took place.
    When I arrived the interviewer told me that this is a very bad timing for an interview and that she's very busy with a new campaign that was launched that day.
    I was asked to described myself and my main achievements in my previews jobs.
    Then, I was given given a task. There's no straight answer for this task but it's to check how one thinks. During the time I prepared my task, the interviewer was busy with her phone reading emails and when I presented the results, her mind was totally distracted from my answers and I knew that she was no longer with me.

Interview Questions

• There questions asked were to check the "way of thinking" on a strategic issue google is facing with competiton.
      There can't be a full answer for that with 5 minutes given to think of the solution but you should present a "path" for solution and show how you think, how creative you are and how you present the solution in an attractive way.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in July 2015.

Interview

hmmm,
    A friend that works there referred me and after about a week a got an email that they had my cv and send me a job description to view, after that within about a week I had a 45 min Phone interview->two, one hour interviews back to back.
    a lot of waiting :)

Interview Questions

• Q1. describe a successful marketing campaign and why.
      Q2. How much is a Gmail user worth for Google   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Google (Visakhapatnam (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

The first process was group discussion the topic which was given was marketing v/s market in present senario. first of all i was pretty complex but finally my thought process helped me a lot.hence, i qualified the GD and entered to second round personal interview. I was selected .

Interview Questions

• do u want to become an entrepreneur?   2 Answers

Negotiation

when we get any offer we must utilize and prove ourself as the best.never misuse the offers which we get.always aim high be success in every aspect be yourself.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2014.

Interview

Smooth & Fast.
    The process involves a series of interviews:
    phone screening with HR
    Phone interview with someone from the team
    On-site interviews (from 3 to 5) from other people from the team & the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• What would you to increase the number of apps download for X app?
      How would you increase product adoption of X product?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv (Israel)

Application

I interviewed at Google (Tel Aviv (Israel)) in February 2013.

Interview

Began with a phone inerview about myself, some AdWords questions, then some analytical questions like "How many tires are being sold in Israel in one year" and so on.. They just wanted to listen to how I'd analyze it. They than invited me for a one on one interview. I was interviewed by 2 different managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self until I tell you to stop (Took 15 minutes)   Answer Question