Google Interview Questions in Montreal, QC | Glassdoor

3.3

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and arranged for the first round phone interview -> (about 1 week) technical interview over phone -> (about 2 months) onsite 4-round interview. Got a feedback call from recruiter 2 weeks after the onsite interview.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Got a 90 minute coding challenge 1 week after I applied online. About a week after I did it, I got email regarding scheduling 2 technical phone interviews and candidate profile questionnaire. I scheduled the interviews 5 weeks from the time I got the email because it was around new years back then and a lot of interviews were already scheduled.

I got scheduled 2 back to back interviews. About 21 days after the interview, they emailed me to inform me that I passed the interview and will move to the host matching stage. I had 3 host matching interviews, and about 1-2 weeks after that, I was told that the team I liked most wants to move forward. Then google recruiter called me to give me the offer.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

applied online, then received a call and I was asked general questions about my education and experience. After that, I did a programming test online and it was really stressful. I was asked to write a code to count how many drops of rain needed to cover a 100cm * 100cm side walk. each drop cover 1 cm^2 and and the drop randomly. then I was asked some testing a debugging questions. U should expect to be asked about anything as at google they expect u to know everything

Interview Questions

• U should expect to be asked about anything as at google they expect u to know everything   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Started off with a screening phone interview with an HR representative. Once I passed the screen, I was interviewed by an engineer via the phone and asked to solve a problem, using Google Docs as the medium. You have to speak your thoughts out loud in order to get the interviewer to follow your train of thought.

Once that was passed, I went through a grueling ~5 hour on-site interview with five different interviewers, with a lunch break in-between. Each interviewer put forth a single problem to solve, which was relatively straightforward to answer but contained an edge-case that was annoying to deal with. There was one exception, where I didn't quite understand what the interviewer was talking about (whether the problem was on my end or his, I don't know, but the question in general made no sense without prior knowledge of the larger problem he was trying to solve... it really lacked structure compared to the other problems put forth).

Unfortunately, the quality of the interviews varied greatly. I thought two of the engineers conducted themselves very professionally, but one was on his phone 90% of the interview, one talked more about himself and his work rather than spend time interviewing me, and one seemed to lack any form of social skills. I had really high expectations going into the interview, and left quite disappointed.

The entire process itself was actually quite fast; they did a good job expediting the process when I asked, and the recruiter who was handling my case was kind enough to return my call even though I was rejected (many companies will not do this).

Interview Questions

• I don't believe we're allowed to talk about the specific problems asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online test and multiple phone interviews. Recruiter contacted me initially. Then performed a personality test as well as an online test with 2 separate questions where I had 60 minutes to complete. Second interview was on the phone with Google employee with a blank screen solving some different problems.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to computer science fundamentals and ability to communicate your understanding and thought process to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I first had a non-technical phone call with a recruiter. I then had a technical phone interview where I was asked to write code on Google Docs. Finally, I had 4 or 5 on-site interviews during one day, from 9:00 to 14:00. I also had lunch with a Google employee in between two interviews.

Interview Questions

• One question I had was to code a function to compute a rolling mean. We explored different possible designs and implementations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer - University Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter via linkedIn, after sending my CV and confirming that I was available for an interview a phone screen followed three weeks later. The phone interview was purely technical, I guess all the details about my background were already checked. My interviewer went directly to the problem, explained the situation and gave an example. He actually pointed out some small syntax mistakes in a way similar to a compiler "I don't see the variable Max". After I finished he said it looked ok and that the time was almost finished, so we pass to the questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• I can not share the question, but in a couple of words: It was a problem with matrices, and how to efficiently store information on it.   1 Answer

Network Engineer At Google Fiber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I got picked up by the recruiter for a different position.
    There was two levels of recruiters: one screaner and one to go deeper. Both were very nice on the phone.
    The technical interview was a fiasco. The guy was very dry, awkward and could barely speak English.
    sounded like he was mad for taking an interview after 5pm from his cellphone in his car.
    Almost one week to get the final verdict.

Interview Questions

• How many bits in the MPLS header? How did you implement different types of multicast networks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I referred by an employee and got into communication with a recruiter. Then she scheduled a phone interview. After one phone interview I had on site interview.There were four 1-1 interviews and a lunch with an employee.

Interview Questions

• Guessing game - I pick a number between 1 and 100 and you are trying to guess it. Every time you query a number I tell you if it is higher or lower.

Part 1- Write the code of it, if cost of querying a number is equal.
      Part 2- How about if cost of querying number x is x? How would you change the algorithm?   6 Answers

Software Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online. A few weeks later, a recruiter emailed me to set up some phone interviews. Two were back to back phone interviews, with coding using Google Docs. One was conducted by a software developer and another one with a manager. A final decision took some other few weeks and I was rejected.