Google Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA | Glassdoor

1,617 Interview Reviews

3.5

1,617 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with google onsite in mountain view. There are total of 4 rounds with a lunch break in the middle accompanied by an employee. Interviews are purely technical with no behavior questions. Interviewers are all knowledgeable and fun to talk to. I would suggest talk through the entire interviewing process because they would give you valuable hints.

Google Engineering Practicum Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Two different 45 minute coding interviews. Friendly interviewers with interesting coding and algorithmic questions. After that, I waited around 1 week to get the offer. The process itself was very quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

The phone screen was pretty straightforward and easy as always is for most companies. The engineers were very polite and asked reasonable questions.

The hiring manager was awful and made me feel like walking out. He walked in opening with a ‘I didn’t even bother looking at your resume but maybe I did months ago.’ Big red flag to me. If a candidate walks in unprepared it’s a show stopper, and if an interviewer/manager does that then it is the same way.

I had very good questions from the rest of the team and did solid on the coding interview. They do however need to make sure their hangouts have been properly set up before clipping 8 minutes of my coding time and stop offering coding challenges in Google Docs. It’s not cute and very unprofessional. Every other company uses a proper code editor without the perks of an IDE.

Overall this was my second bad experience with Google where it felt like they didn’t even care. The first time, the engineers seemed more interested in making themselves look smart. I won’t be applying again in the future and I’d rather work for a place where I makena difference, not just a number.

Interview Questions

• How do you deprecate an asset and use the newest version for a web page without changing the name and with concern to caching.   1 Answer

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

A 45-minute phone screen interview, with a simple question.

On-site interview: Five 45-minute interviews, plus the lunch hour. At other companies, there are 4 interviews plus an informal lunch interview by the hiring manager. Google's way came as a shock, the person taking me to lunch wasn't even a manager so he couldn't answer many of my questions.

None of my questions were answered to my satisfaction because 5 out of 6 people I met did not work in an area remotely related to the team I would be joining. The common answer is, "it depends on the team".

In general, the interview was tailored for someone fresh out of college (really smart but little experience). Even though the recruiter told me that I am being interviewed for level 4 or 5 engineer.

Interview Questions

• 3 algorithmic questions

I say algorithmic because the coding questions are one-size fits all. They are designed for Python programmers. If you write the code in C, it doesn't give the interviewer any indication about your deeper understanding of C programming. (such as defensive programming, memory management, dangling pointers, cache efficiency, etc)

In most of the interviews, I couldn't get straight answer for my clarification questions. It is always, however you like it. An important part of system design is to understand the constraints of the system and plan accordingly. When I am not given any constraints, this means I can write whatever I want. They failed to measure this skill.

The algorithmic coding questions were not structured properly (no multi-part questions). It seems like they have no way of making it easier or more difficult. When I finished the problem with the optimal solution, the interviewer asked some weird questions instead of giving me a challenge.   1 Answer
    • The system design question was way out of my league, I am an interviewing for an embedded engineering position, instead I was asked to design a distributed network-based system. None of that applies to my domain and none of my experience helps me answer that question.   1 Answer
    • Embedded question was the only one that measured my experience. The questions were not really deep. But satisfactory.   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I flew to San Jose and had 4 interviews and a lunch. The whole process was about 4 hours. Lots of questions on hypothesis testing and some probability quiz type questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the probability that a best of seven series goes to the seventh game?   3 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Online application, 45 minute phone screen, written prompt, and on site 5-6 hour interview day. I had a referral. Everyone was really friendly and I got feedback and a decision fairly quickly after the final round.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was first sent a snapshot which had two problems (1 easy, 1 hard). Then I had two back-to-back technical phone interviews where I coded on google docs with my interviewer. Still waiting to hear back, but will update when I do.

Lead User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was referred through a friend who worked at Google. The interview process comprised of a phone call with recruiter first, calls with potential teams to see if there a fit second, design exercise third and lastly on-site interviews.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was first a coding challenge and then a phone interview. Mainly focused on problems based on algorithms and data structures. Involved making algorithms as efficient as possible. It was a great learning experience on how to perfectly optimize your code. Read up your data structures and write code and practice diligently.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

phone interview first for 45mins, ask about you and technical question on your skills,
    you have to code and show how you think to find solution/answer for the interviewer 's question