Google Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA | Glassdoor

3.5

1,542 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Round 1: a recruiter calls you. They will ask you a few simple questions. Things such as "what's faster, quicksort or bubblesort". If you answer enough of these correctly, you get to the next round. If you fail here: stop moaning, go away and go improve yourself, there is no way you would have passed the later stages anyway.
    Round 2: an engineer will call you, and interview you for 45 minutes. Only the "best" interviewers get to do what we call "first phone screens" because that's where the most people get kicked out.
    Round 3: exactly the same as round 2, but with a different engineer. From the interviewer's perspective, second phone screens are infinitely better than first phone screens, because the totally incompetent have been weeded out already.
    Round4: onsite interviews! you will have 3 interviews of 45 minutes, lunch, and 2 more interviews. These are basically the same as phone screens, but you get to see the interviewers face to face.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are given 10,000 files each containing 1 Million integers. I would you sum all of them and give the final result?

---> Interviewer wanted to test scalability, distributed concepts.

He has written the basic code and wanted to improve upon that.
      Here's the basic code.

return sum;
      }
      Questions:
      What's wrong with above code? Ans: Integer overflow
      How would you implement sumOfFile?
      What if 'sumOfFile' takes lot of time to finish computing?
      How do you fasten the program?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. As a first step, I was given a one-hour online coding test. After that, I was scheduled for an onsite interview at Google Mountain View. There were four technical interviews followed by a lunch interview. Overall I had a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Problems on arrays.
      1) Given an array with some random numbers, find the maximum area formed by the array elements. For example, if the array is [1,3,3,2,1] the max area is 6. if the array [1,3,5,4,2] the max area is 9. if the array is [1,5,1,1,1,1] the max area is 6.

2) Problems on trees. (get all paths from node to leaf of a binary tree)

3) Implement a sorting algorithm based on some conditions. Sort an array as much as possible based on certain conditions like "smaller array elements moving from higher index to lower index should be moved only by some 'k' positions in the array.

4) Find the shortest path from source to the destination of a graph.

Some design questions.   1 Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There are three rounds total, first being a phone interview with a designer from one of the Google offices. The process was straight forward and simple. All the Interviewers were great and very knowledgeable in their respected fields.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Google? What can you contribute to us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I applied online and a hr from TX contacted me after 3 weeks, the phone interview was arranged in 2 weeks, just basic programming problem, no trick. the total time was about 45 mins and the it was a pleasant experience over all.

Interview Questions

• most unforgettable project and medium level Java programming question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter called, and guided me through the steps of the precess.
    He was very nice and gave some helpful material to go over.
    Two weeks after the recruiter phone call I had my Skype interview.
    I thought it was good but I did pass to the next step (I had a bug).
    My recommendation is to go over "Cracking the code" and do as much questions as possible.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview in November, a 2nd phone interview in December, I heard back in January that i got invited for an onsite interview in MV. I had to prepare a portfolio presentation for 45 minutes, followed by 5 one on one interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where your process didn't go according to plan   1 Answer

SDE1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After 2 phone screen interview I got onsite interview at Mountain View , and I have 5 onite interview,
    each interview questions was ver easy, the experience is great. And the process takes long time, so id you want to have the interveiw with google, you must take as earlier as you can.

Interview Questions

• F(n) return n digit for example: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 0 1 1
      F(11) = 0
      F(12) = 1   1 Answer

Saales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

first i had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. then was offered onsite interview at the headquarters two days later. at the onsite interview i was placed in a conference room and then three people interviewed me for about 15 minutes each.

Software Engineer Tools and Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and after a phone call, I filled out some information and was set up with a phone screening. About 5 days after my phone screening, my recruiter contacted me again and told me I would be moving on to the onsite interview. I was then placed in contact with another recruiter at the location I would be interviewing, and over the course of about a week and a half we set up my trip out there. Once on campus, I had 4 interviews lasting about 45 minutes each and a lunch interview. They asked your average tricky coding questions, and I would talk through an algorithm with the interviewer and them put the algorithm to code. About 2 weeks after the onsite interview I reached out to my recruiter for feedback. We scheduled a time to call within the next couple days and I was informed I wouldn't be moving on or getting an offer. Pretty good interview process if you're familiar with the whole coding interview game. I was thankful that I was able to get an answer within 2 weeks, as Google can sometimes go a little long without updating you.

Interview Questions

• Most problems happened to be about some kind of string parsing/manipulation. (palindrome problems, word detection etc) but the one that I had the hardest time with was an array-based find all subsets problem.   2 Answers

Software Engineer NCG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks. The recruiter was very nice and informative. After being contacted by the recruiter, I was set up with an engineer for a phone screen, where I was asked one coding question.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of N items, return the K most frequent items. (Assume N > K)   2 Answers