Google Operations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Operations Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was there about an hour earlier. Clocked in and was confirmed for the interview. I was there for about an hour before we were called in. We were about 4 guys. It was a group interview and we were asked about ourselves, our passion, if we've heard about the car etc.

Interview Questions

• They ask me to tell them about myself.   2 Answers
  • What kind of jobs have you had in the past?   1 Answer
  • What kind of vehicle have you driven in the past?   1 Answer
  • What's your passion ?   1 Answer
  • Driving Records   1 Answer
  • Are you open to travel outside the city?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by an in-person interview at their headquarters in Mountain View, CA. Questions geared towards making you think on your feet and understanding your thought process. I wasn't a big fan of the site interview as each interviewer just stared at their laptop and typed instead of actually trying to have a conversation. Some interviewers were my age and it was clear they didn't have much experience.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many people drove cars in the city I live in and explain my thought process.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out and set up a call for the following week. It was a phone screening lasted no more than 30min and the next day received feedback of no go. Overall whole experience was not pleaseant with this recruiter- delayed the initial call to later in the week, and once on the phone sounded irritated and not at all the Google recruiting experience I was expecting. She read off a vague script about the role then asked if I was still interested. Following asked me to tell her about my experience and any accomplishments proud of. I tried to cover a lot in the short time and even at the end asked if I could help clarify anything. Nothing at all from her end. Overall, this was a complete waste of my time and hers. It almost felt they had an internal candidate in mind and may have needed to “do the rounds” . Not a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Experience + accomplishments   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

There are multiple interviews including phone calls, google hangout, and an in car driving interview. First there will be a phone call to prescreen you, then they will check your driving history followed by a drug test. If you pass all of that you will get an offer for a in car driving final interview

Interview Questions

• What possible uses can you see for self driving cars?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Part I. Recruiter video call. Mostly informational on the role and what they were looking for. Very basic questions on my background and skill set.
    Part IIa. Unique group interview. Involved teamwork and preparing presentations in pairs. The presentations were somewhat stressful yet fun. Teamwork was something very important to them. They were hiring a group and wanted to make sure everyone could work together well
    Part IIb. 1-on-1s with team managers for follow up questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I was initially contacted through LinkedIn. After that, I set up a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter called and we spoke for about 30 minutes. The questions were not the "mind game" questions you often hear associated with Google interviews. The questions were mostly your typical behavior interview questions with an obvious emphasis on my technical skills and past projects. I'd done my homework on Googe's hiring process, so I was well prepared, but also well aware that this was just a filter interview. Overall the interview was exactly what I read it would be on this site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, just review of resume.
    On-site interview, big headache.
    Interviewer did not have their phone on when I was instructed to call for door clearance.
    Handed off to two new interviewers that I had not been introduced to and who did not bother to introduce themselves.
    Both interviewers appeared to be around 18-22 years of age and very nervous. They did not work well together and would jump around the interview process. After leaving me in the room for a written test, they never returned and I had to have someone else show me out of the building.....I was never given the chance to ask about the company, the position or the interests of the group.....VERY disappointed by how this meeting was held.

Operation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewer called in 15 minutes late, but ended interview on time and resulting in Q&A being cut short.

Halfway through the interview, the interviewer's voice got really muffled (I suspect she is too close to the mic) and I attempted to inform her about it but she repeated the question anyway). Try asking someone to repeat a question 3 times and he/she will definitely feel a certain level of frustration.

The questions were skewed towards interviewer's expertise at work, which resulted in my interview turning out like a quiz instead of an actual interview. At the end of the interview, I felt demoralised and subtly graded down with the curt 'ok thanks' response.

Interview Questions

• A few hypothesis questions, and testing whether you are familiar with Google suite.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

A phone interview with a project manager in Group People Services. The interviewer seems not very prepared and not quite familiar with the job. The interviewer also shows little voice feedbacks when I talk since this is a phone interview and we cannot see reactions from each other, which I'm unsure whether my points are well received by her.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2017.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled interviews. 3 round interview. 45 minutes each. Culture, Gooleyness, GCA. Interviews were friendly and questions were well phrased. A lot of follow up questions on answers given. Be very honest with answers.

Interview Questions

• A process you implemented and the benefit   2 Answers