Google People Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job through Google careers website and received an email to set up an initial phone interview about 2 days later. The initial phone interview was pretty basic, it was mostly to learn more about the position and for me to tell the recruiter about my experiences and how I thought they aligned with the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Google's People Operations department?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Google in July 2017.

Interview

Completed a phone interview for a People Operations role, was reached out to by a Google recruiter and screened. After formally submitting resume, it took over a week to hear back on any next steps. Only negative was very vague information about potential compensation ranges.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to challenge or push back on a leader   Answer Question

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

First round interview. Interviewer coasted through questions, I ultimately ended the conversation. As excited as I was about working for google the questions made me rethink that decision in the moment.

Interview Questions

• They asked those common "googly" questions like "why are manhole covers round" and "if you and a friend were on the same flight what are the odds you'd be sitting next to each other?" which aren't even really good logic questions and have nothing to do with the position.   Answer Question

People Operations Interview

Interview

Standard Google process. First, contacted by Google recruiter. Resume run-down, career aspirations, and position that he/she is recruiting for. After the initial phone call interview, your resume and transcript are given to the department in which the position lies in order to determine if you will move on.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were faced with a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted a few months after submitting my application to set up an interview. My recruiter was very prompt and quick to arrange meetings around my schedule. I was given some interview tips and hints from Google in the form of articles or website links.

At thefirst interview, which was over Google Hangouts, I was asked a series of behavioral questions and "fit" questions to see how I might fit into the Google environment. My 2nd interview was more case-based with rapid fire questions. At the end of both 45 minutes interviews, I was also given ample time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work for Google. While that seems simple, determining how my interests aligned with Google's and how an internship would be mutually beneficial was difficult.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Asked general questions like interest in company and why Google. Then difficult creative thinking questions.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you think Google screens every week ?
      How many people do you think in year?   2 Answers
    • The Boss needs you to pre-screen 20 people a day, you know that it takes15mins to schedule and appointment, 30 mins to complete and assessment, and 15-30 mins to complete a follow up.
      Knowing this what would be your strategy to complete this tasks, and would there be any time left over?   1 Answer

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted application late November, received invitation to interview in February. Scheduled interviews with recruiters. Back to back google hangouts with different people from different People Op teams. Each about 45minutes.

Interview Questions

• Asked about leadership, skills on resume, hypothetical situations   1 Answer

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

Very transparent process. Good introduction of the interviewer and run-down of what would be assessed. Recruiter gave prompt feedback and interviews were set up very quickly. There is first a phone screen from the recruiter, then a first round phone interview with a team member, a face to face interview with the hiring manager, more face to face interviews with others, and then the final Google recruitment committee selection process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that is not on your CV you can tell me about yourself?   Answer Question