Google Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

3.3

246 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

The entire process was well structured. The recruiters made it feel like white glove service. For the final on-site round, there was a last minute switch for my first interview, and that threw off the scheduling so that I had less time with my first interviewer. However, all else went smoothly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Even having a Google employee friend refer me for this job I had to do many rounds of interviews including a computer science knowledge test over Google hangouts video chat.

Interview Questions

• What are the different ways to find out the location of a user that connects to internet services through a browser?   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Very poor and demanding. And programming... funny.
    Treated people like a artificial intelligence machines. Crazy. Corporation will always be corporation. Marketing doesn't matter.

Very poor and demanding. And programming... funny.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview mostly about my background and less hypotheticals, followed by 1/2-day onsite interview. The onsite consisted of three 45-minute interviews and lunch. The interviews were entirely hypotethical questions, nothing about my background or prior experience. Each interview consisted of 2-3 hypotheticals, sometimes building upon each other. The lunch was more casual and was an opportunity to interview the Google employee and not be interviewed myself - this helpful in providing insight into life at Google.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how you would have determined the required data storage when gmail was initially launched.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in November 2015.

Interview

Hangouts session with a recruiter, Hangouts session with a product manager.

The recruiter could not provide me with answers to any of my questions.

The interviewer was aggressive to say the least. He seemed uninterested from the get go and throughout the entire interview, did not introduce himself (not even his first name), gave me less than a minute for any questions I wanted to ask.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain cloud computing to a 6 year old   Answer Question
    • You have a grocery delivery service (similar to Amazon Fresh) which delivers food within 24 hours.
      Estimate how many trucks you need to operate this service.   Answer Question
    • Choose a consumer product. You have unlimited funds. What's your strategy?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Paris (France)) in March 2011.

Interview

C'est un entretien d'embauche en beaucoup d'étape. On fait au moins 9 entretiens et c'est très éprouvant. Les premiers entretiens sont plus généraux et ensuite ça devient plus technique. J'ai passé un test de JAVA et de langues étrangères et puis ensuite j'ai du écrire une lettre manuscrite pour faire analyser ma psychologie.

Interview Questions

• Combien de balles de ping pong peut on intégrer dans un bus scolaire ?   6 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in October 2014.

Interview

My interview process started with a friend of mine referring me internally. I initially had a phone screen with the recruiter that went very well. I was almost immediately invited to come into the office for a all-day interview day.

On my interview day I was interviewed by 4 PMs. There was also an interview with a PM Director that was relatively a short interview.

I thought I did fairly well but wasn't sure if I did well enough.

My recruiter emailed me 1.5 weeks later to let me know that all had gone well and they would be submitting me to the Hiring Committee. I was super excited and looking forward to the green light.

Alas- the hiring committee over-rode the feedback and gave me thumbs down.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. The type of questions are very well covered here: Expect a Why Google, or why PM, what products you like, why/why not. You will be expected to do estimation questions as well as case study questions. This is an absolute given.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

First line recruiter is very helpful and candid about the process. He also followed up with me closely. The best recruiter I've ever met. However, the recruiter who took over the on-campus interview process was typical. Slow, non-responsive, but was courteous when we met in person on the interview day.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I monetized a mobile app which I had supervised. Kept digging on this issue even though I've plainly stated that I couldn't figure out an effective way to monetize a socialization-based mobile app. The flow of the interview got to a snail's pace.   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

After a 30 minute phone screen I was asked to do an interview.
    Despite interviewing for a job in Canada the interview was done in Mountain View.

I had 5 interviews. The first 3 with other PM's, then one with a Dev, and one with a PM manager.

Most questions were product related (Lets design an X, who would you improve product Y).There were a few questions designed to measure mental horsepower (Estimation, Puzzles).

The key with the interview is that you have to get a few people to really strongly support your candidacy. If everyone thinks you would be a fine hire but none of them would fight for you ,you wont get it. So do what you can to make a strong impression.

If you didn't do well you will get a quick no. Otherwise you will go to a hiring committee which can take up to two weeks. If they say yes, you probably have the job, but they have an additional 2 weeks of referencing checking and executive review before you'll get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How many hotels are their in the US   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by a recruiter via email about 4 weeks later. I had two phone interviews, both consisted of problem solving questions. Don't prepare for the whole "Tell me about yourself" question because they don't bother to ask. Both times the interviewer jumped right into the questions. I actually thought that my second interview went very well - much better than my first, but I didn't get past this round. I'll get them next time.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how much it would cost to put wifi in San Fran.   1 Answer