Google Product Quality Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Product Quality Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

phone interview 30min with hr: very basic questions, and open concept questions on how to identify and fight spam, etc.
hangout 1hour similar to hr interview but more in depth conversation on how to come up with solutions to problems
on site interview 1.5 hr more behavioral questions on top the the previous

Interview Questions

• describe a mistake you made and how you dealt with it   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and conducted a phone screen. He couldn't tell me much about the position. Two Hangouts followed. They were long on analytical, "let's see how you think" questions and short on details about the position.

Preparation should include a thorough understanding of how Google makes money and how scammers abuse its products.

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Interview

Currently in interview process.

First contacted by recruiter for initial screening, about 20 min, general questions about experience and interests. Next contacted by recruiter for secondary screening, about 1 hour. Next two interviews, one phone one VC. Three on site interviews. Role related questions, hypothetical scenarios, personal experience questions, questions about future plans and goals, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Great experience. I was initially contacted by a HR for this position. There was a brief interview where I was asked about Google products and how to commit fraud on them. Next round was with a Product Quality Analyst. Here I was asked more questions on my favorite Google products and how to commit fraud, or increase security.
    Last round was an onsite interview at Google campus. Here I was asked more on:
    1. Google products - Know all of them. Egs: Improve search in Youtube.
    2. Fraud on Google products and how to combat them.
    3. Fully explain your work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was pretty fast. Three interviews over phone before going onsite. First was a screening interview, about my background, what my abilities are, etc. Then, second round was with HR manager, who asked me about some behavioral questions (what' challenges have I overcome, etc.) Third round was with someone in PQO team, he asked me a bit more technical, case study questions (what would you do to improve any products from Google, etc.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

My process was triggered by a LinkedIn message from a Google sourcer. For all interviews, feedback was received within one business day.

Phone interview 1 - Recruiter phone screen asking about leadership and analytical cases like how to systematically increases revenue or find the signals that would best solve a problem.

Phone interview 2 - Secondary recruiter phone screen also focusing on analytical experiences and specific case questions for Google Adwords like flagged ads. .

Phone interview 3 - Phone screen with member of PQO basically seeing how you could commit fraud using a Google product yourself and prevent it

On site interviews - I had 3 on site interviews in the Mountain View office that were performed by PQO managers. The interviews all asked a lot of questions and ranged from behavioral questions to business case questions. The behavioral ones focused on handling difficult scenarios like when a coworker disagrees with you. There are a flurry of questions that are simply no way to prepare for and just see how you think. Know how to explain your job to a child.

Video chat - Chat with a director in PQO about your longer term career goals and working with someone who is not motivated.

After the interviews are complete, you have to go through the arduous packet round (take approximately 1 month) where you gather all of the information from your life like transcripts, recommendations and scholarships.

Interview Questions

I received an offer from Facebook that better matched my interests, seemed to have more passionate and talented people and was far better compensated as a Product Analyst.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Long and intense, and eventually not relevant to the job, which made taking the job later rather frustrating and underwhelming. At times I was being asked questions that I don't think the interviewer knew the answer to. The company does take care of interviewees and make them feel comfortable and covers all expenses.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a shopping mall?   1 Answer
    • What estimation method would you use for this model?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you would build a model to predict this type of abuse   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I have been contacted by a recruiter by mail. Two days later, I had a first phone interview with the recruiter discussing my studies and experience. After a week, a phone screening interview with an analyst of the product quality team has been scheduled. A week later, I had three onsite interviews.
    The interview questions are mostly hypothetical situations testing analytical skills and good knowledge of google products (search, AdWords, Youtube,..).

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical questions testing analytical skills and knowledge of google products.   Answer Question

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in November 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of Interview. The interviewer will keep typing your responses and his feedback in his laptop while you answer. It is one of the most chilled out interviews one can ever has.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical Situation : A restaurant opened in Alaska yesterday on google map has got 15 reviews. What do you think? How to make sure its genuine?
      About Product: 1. One google product u like or use? Say Youtube. How will you increase its customer base?
      2. Name one non google product that you dont like? What are the issues u faced while using it? How can u improve them?
      3. Tell me a google product which you will like to improve? How will u go about to improve it? Why google is not doing it already
      General: About yourself, any achievement, conflict faced
      About Google: How can google help in CSR
      Answer Question

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Interview Process seemed absolute rubbish. Total CRAP!! Stop wasting other's time.

I am working in a very famous and exciting startup right now building innovative products for BFSI and Travel & Hospitality Industry. My overall exeperience of around 4 yrs has been in Machine Learning, Big Data, R, BI and DW. I have a couple of papers in my name too which have been published in International Journals.

Let me start with the Interview Process Now.
    First and foremost the person in the 2nd round seemed absolutely interested in giving his biodata only, and his experience was just one year more than me.
    The JD that I received clearly mentioned they are looking for someone with good knowledge of R, Machine Learning etc. The Google HR also forwarded some links on Google Wallet, Adwords and Adsense to study and get the basic idea. Though throughout all the rounds of interview I was asked only two kiddish questions on Machine Learning viz. What is precision and recall?? and Name some other evaluation techniques?? ..... Seriously !!!!! Google says they are looking for someone with machine learning experience and they ask such silly questions!!! What they asked was again something very proprietary to Google eg:- How do you think Google recognizes spam!! , How does Google prevent Youtube from being spammed!!! etc. ..... Is the person who is being interviewed working in Google or does the person know which parameters Google captures??? If you want such persons then perhaps you can try those working in Google Analytics or Web Analytics, and not a person whose experience is in some other domain. Try to focus on the core competencies you are looking for as per JD, bcoz only when a person works in any domain he can know about it. Surely seems they needed someone to do realtime monitoring only and just have some very basic idea about patterns in data etc.

Interview Questions

• How will you spam Youtube?? I dont know if its difficult or silly really!!!   1 Answer