Google Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.2

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in July 2019.

Interview

Application
I was reached out directly by another Quantitative Analyst for tech screen. He was very late when he called me and told me since we are late, lets begin and started asking questions directly. Questions were easy but he would complicate it by asking weird questions around it.

He didn't introduce himself nor asked about my background and I had to ask those things myself when he said do you have any questions? I can't believe this is how Google conducts interviews without any recruiter and some guy reaching out directly who is not punctual and doesn't have any etiquette to introduce himself or tell about team and role. (Foreign accent), It's been weeks since I interviewed and there is no feedback or update as I expected.

Also, you cannot expect someone to solve math problem verbally when formula is complicated and involves square root calculation

Interview Questions

• What is p-value and explain to 5 year old?
    Calculate p-value verbally with a problem question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online in late May as a recent PhD graduate. E-mailed by a recruiter within a week, who scheduled a phone call with her for mid-June and had me fill out a questionnaire describing my data analysis experiences and statistical skills. The phone call was 5 minutes where she told me the next step would be a technical Hangouts interview with a Data Scientist and to study applied statistics and programming in a Google Doc. My interview was scheduled for early July. In the Hangouts interview, he asked just stats questions, no programming. I was unable to solve the last problem, he didn't really provide any hints. The next day the recruiter told me I would not be moving on.

Interview Questions

• Describe Type 1 and Type 2 errors without introducing more lingo.   Answer Question
    • 1/1000 people have a disease, there's a test that is 99% correct if you have the disease. If you don't have the disease, 2% error rate. If someone tests positive, what are the odds they have the disease?   2 Answers
    • You have an integer where each digit can be either 1 or 2, and the sum of digits is 7. How many such integers are there?   2 Answers
    • What is the expected minimum value of two variables i.i.d from [0,1]?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter from Google then we set a date for the phone interview. The interviewer was one of the Quantitative Analysts and the interview took an hour.

Interview Questions

• A case study on testing equality of means of different populations.   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google in April 2018.

Interview

45min Phone interview after communicating with HR. Asked about 1 probability question, 1 statistics question and 1 coding question. Google doc was used to write down formulas and the code.

Interview Questions

• 1. Deduction of logirithmic regression.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview last 1.5 hours. Mainly ask about your experience before as reflected on your resume and other practical statistical problems. The process went smooth, interviewee was nice, this is phone interview. The whole process is said to be two part, phone interview and onsite. Don't know if there is white board algorithm test onsite.

Interview Questions

• Basic probability and statistical inference problem. Most like statistics program qualify questions.   2 Answers

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google in February 2018.

Interview

My friend refers me and then it takes two - three weeks to hear from HR. Google will first ask you fill a form about your interests and language you are familiar with. Then there will be 2 interviews and each takes 45 - 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How to check whether a coin is fair or not? What about a dice?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2018.

Interview

Overall positive experience, but interviewer was not well prepared. Had to look for my resume, and then asked questions he made up on the spot. However, he was very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The questions in round 1 ans 2 was pretty good. Round 3 and 4 were more open-ended. I did okay in round 3 and 4. But the passage between round 2 and 3 was pretty bad. My lunch interviewer was 30 mins late and we had to eat in 10 mins and run a 35 min walking distance in 15-20 minutes and still reach the other interviews ofice late for my round 3 and round 4. Shocking was that this was not informed to the other interviewers.

Anyway, the interviewers were nice. But I had a horrible experience with the hr, who called a week later an congratulated me for having my application move forward with lots of good praise from the interviewers and asked for my latest cv to move forward to team match. Then in two days suddenly a holistic review round popped up and in the next day I was rejected. This has been such a humiliating situation since I did quite a bit of research with the team matching process and was pretty proud to tell my family and a couple of close friends. They should not play with such big news in a childish fashion like this

Interview Questions

• Open ended ad related question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contact me and ask me to fill out an survey to determine my programming skills and previous experience. The recruiter is helpful. Then the recruiter schedule a Phone interview. I did the phone interview with an interviewer and he is very nice.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer ask me about the assumption of the linear regression, logistical regression, penalized linear regression, clustering, how to deal with violation of assumption, and previous experience about applied statistical research.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 15-minute informal talk with her. There are in total two rounds of technical interviews--the 1st round is a google hangout interview, and the 2nd round is an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between logistic regression and penalized logistic regression.   1 Answer
    • A question regarding marginal & conditional probability.   Answer Question