Google Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

3.3

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google in December 2017.

Interview

After a 15 minutes chat with a recruiter, it was a google hangout interview. We started late, so we did not have enough time to have good discussion. The result took a week.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about why you like Statistics 2) Tell me about one of your project 3) Calculation of price of Google Ads 4) Questions on a potential project   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

The recruiters were very friendly and gave plenty of info. 1 informal phone call, got to skip technical google hangouts because of employee referral, interviewed onsite in mountain view.

Interview Questions

• The coding was really easy, they care a lot about stats knowledge. Probability, bayes ruls (but not in the straight forward way), i got asked about pvalues, paired 2 sample t-tests, and the formula for r^2.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2017.

Interview

Process is smooth. Interviewer started by asking something about my resume, and then got into stats details on the algorithms I used in my projects. Then on hypothesis testing question. Concluded with a brain teaser

Interview Questions

• Determine whether a drug is effective by the blood pressure changes among two groups   Answer Question
    • How to calculate mean and variance of data distributed on many different servers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I flew to San Jose and had 4 interviews and a lunch. The whole process was about 4 hours. Lots of questions on hypothesis testing and some probability quiz type questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the probability that a best of seven series goes to the seventh game?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Lubbock, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter because she saw my LinkedIn profile. Had a 15 minute conversation with her where she told me about the interview process. I set up a google hangout technical interview 3 weeks out so I could have time to prepare. The technical interviewer was a really cool nice guy. I just finished that interview and don't know if they'll ask for to come over for on-site interviews. He said he recommends that for about 20-25% of the people he interviews. I feel like I did alright. We'll see.

Interview Questions

• He asked questions about my dissertation   Answer Question
    • He asked me what the assumptions of linear regression are.   Answer Question
    • He asked me how to test whether two variances are the same. I didn't how to answer this one. Something with chi-square tests.   1 Answer
    • He asked me about the difference between logistic and linear regression.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I was recommended by a Google employer. HR contacted me with a 12 questions questionnaire about data science, data analytics experiences. Followed by a phone screen with HR recruiter, and a subsequent 1 hour technical interview via google hangout presumably focused on statistics and probability. Tech interviewer was a non-english speaker and acting in a hurry. Two questions one on random variables from a uniform distribution, and a second open ended question on how to measure whether users liked videos. I thought I did well in answering the questions and making sure I talked and explained out loud my reasoning process. HR called me next day telling me they decided not to move forward. No explanations, no justifications. HR said he had no access to interview feedback. Just bizarre.

Interview Questions

• 3 random variables i.i.d from a uniform distribution 0 to 2, what is the probability that the median is > 1.5?
      How would you measure how much users liked videos.   9 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview took 45 minutes, through google hangout. Questions are mainly about things on my resume, my previous work experience and research in school.

Interview Questions

• Explain confidence intervals to people with no statistics background.   2 Answers

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

They have pretty much standardized the process. The process did not deviate from what others have said -- recruiting screening, a technical phone screening, and then a half day onsite.

Interview Questions

• Assume X_i ~ i.i.d. Unif(0,1). What is the expected length of a sequence that is monotonically increasing when drawn from the distribution?   4 Answers

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

First let me intorduce myself and then my dissertation. Afterwards, he asked a question about questionnaire design, measurement error and estimate of the proportion of truly interested customers and falsely reporting rate.

Interview Questions

• Essentially is about how measurement error and reliability affect your regression estimate (or just the estimate of the probability in a binomial distribution).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A online specialist got touched with me and arranged a screen interview for me. The experience is very good. I tried to prepare the questions they might ask me. But it is impossible to prepare. I was arranged with a manager of google maps. The questions were all about google maps. But I did't do very well.