Google Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.3

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

A recruiter is in charge of your interview the whole process. One phone/screen interview and one onsite. Four one-to-one interviewers onsite. All technical questions plus some very specific questions about your project. These are questions at phone/screen.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

There were one email, one phone screening, one tech phone interview and one on-site interview comprised of four tech interviews and one chance to talk to the employer during lunch time. The staff were very nice, the technical people are also easygoing, they are knowledgable and trying to guide me during the process.

Interview Questions

• technical stuff covering a lot of areas, very comprehensive   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

An employee send them my CV and a recruiter contacted me the next day with a questionnaire of 13 questions asking to describe a project, what language I use etc. Questions that are typical in an HR interview. Then they moved me to a phone screen. The interviewer was very friendly asked me in the beginning about the research in my PhD and the 3 questions, one probability question, one coding questions and then described a scenario and we brainstormed on this; ended up a two-sample proportion hypothesis test. After a few days they moved me to an on-site interview that it took a while to schedule though. The on-site included 4 interviews, some of them heavily on the probability and statistics side (you must be well prepared!), on practical problems and some coding questions as well. All interviewers were very friendly and down to earth!

Interview Questions

• Simulate a bivariate normal   Answer Question
    • Two-sample hypothesis testing, GLM, multicollinearity, experimental design, Bayes Theorem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied at website without referral. Started with a hr phone call and followed by a questionnaire. Then a tech phone interview was scheduled. The interviewer was very nice, asked for my hobbies first to comfort me. Questions were about r programming and probability. I didnt pass because my weakness in programming. The process took a long time, almost a month since the hr contacted me.

Interview Questions

• calculate the probability of winning in a gambling game.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and briefly discussed the job over the phone. Next I had to fill out a written questionnaire that covered things like my skill set and related work. After returning the questionnaire, I was told that I was invited for a phone interview. About a week later I was invited to an in-person interview that lasted several hours. During the in-person interview I met with about 4 people one-on-one, some over video and some at the office. I heard back from the recruiter about 2-3 weeks after my in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain some of my research projects and they asked some probing questions about my work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I saw the poster and decided to apply through their website. A week later a recruiter called me, collected more information about me (this took another week) and arranged a phone interview. I was interviewed for about an hour and a week later I was informed that I had been declined.

Interview Questions

• Performance of two ads. How to measure and compare the performance of two ads, possible reasons for the difference, and how to design new ads to support such reasons.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

One screening questionary. Followed by two technical phone interview and one on-site interview. The interviewer of first technical phone call was very nice. But the second interviewer was very rude. He start to ask the question once you pick up the phone didn't even say hi or introduce himself. And always interrupt you and say "okay, next question" even before you can answer his previous question. It seems he just want to finish his job of asking all those questions but don't care what's your answer. And after 45 mins, he just said "okay, we are running out of time, bye" and hang up.

Interview Questions

• suppose you have 500 search algorithm, how to compare them?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from recruiter few days later. Scheduled a phone interview afterwards. The interviewer first introduces his team and then go on asking me statistical questions. I didn't know the answer and struggle for a while. Then he moves on to ask me to explain the algorithms I used before. The phone interview was 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Suppose N students participate in a coin flip experiment, when they get heads they stop, when they get tails they keep going. All students will stop after the second trial no matter the results. Y is the binary indicator of whether they claim they cheated in the experiment. Estimate how many students cheat in this experiment.   9 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from recruiter few days later. The phone interview was 45 minutes. The interviewer introduces his team and him self. He asked me statistical questions.

I had onsite interview at Mountain view. It took about 4 hours and I met 4 interviewers. They asked programing and statistical questions.

Interview Questions

• statistical modeling, programming, AB testing, probability   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I saw a poster in school and then decided to apply online. Several weeks later a recruiter contacted me and arranged a phone interview with me. Next week another recruiter called me for the interview. It had two questions and lasted for around an hour. I thought it went through but was declined for the job.

Interview Questions

• To compare two ads displayed in two places on a webpage.   Answer Question