Google SMB Sales Associate Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google SMB Sales Associate Account Strategist Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

First off, let me say that I applied via the website without an internal referral and got a response the very next day, so the "Google application black hole" is definitely not true. Here's a rundown of my interview experience:

Phase 1: Basic phone interview with my recruiter for 15-20ish minutes. I was asked why google, why this role, how would you explain adwords to a 5 year old (not a trick question! They just want to make sure you have at least a basic understanding of what adwords is), and a "tell me a time when..." question.

Phase 2: About a week after my phone screen, I was schedules for 2 back-to-back 30 minute phone calls. I will say this phase, as well as phase 3 were probably a little different for me because I have past sales experience. These two phone screens were pretty much entirely situational questions with a few "tell me a time when..." questions. I would probably say 80%/20% was the breakdown. I think seeing from my resume that I come from a background in sales caused them to ask more situational questions. For example, I was asked questions such as "say your response rate from clients is low, what steps would you take to make sure you're getting through to more clients on the phone/email?" and "lets say you are working with a flower shop, what is one feature of adwords you would really sell them on?" Things like that. Needless to say, make sure you know the ins and outs of adwords (easy enough however, because google's website is full of information; I never worked with adwords before this, and I did fine).

Phase 3: The day after my phone interview, I was emailed and invited on site. This interview happened roughly a week and a half later. Google was great with all the logistics. They had their travel agency book everything for me, and covered my taxi rides, and gave me a food stipend. My onsite interview consisted of 2 back-to-back 30 minute interviews and a 30 minute Q&A session with my recruiter after. The interviews were basically the same as the phone interviews. However, I have a strong feeling that my phone interviewers let these ones know they asked me mostly situational questions, because during onsite, I didn't get asked any situational. In fact, I didn't get asked about adwords at all, which I found interesting. Mine were all "I see from your resume that you worked ______. Can you tell me a time where you ______ at company _____?" I did however get one curveball question which was "If you were CEO for a day, what product would you create?" This doesn't need to be technical! Mine wasn't and my answer was fine.

I eventually got a call 2 weeks later saying I got the job.

Some tips:

-For the most part, I found that my interviewers asked questions based on what I had just said (i.e. they diverted from their script). So in a way, you can definitely steer the interview. Like I said, I came from a sales background, and talked a lot about that, which left almost no time for them to ask "out of the box" questions, because they kept diving deeper into my
experience.

-Google said they got rid of the "typical" Google questions (i.e. "why are manhole covers round?"), but they didn't. A few people in my interview group said they got asked a few. So just be aware of this and stay on your toes.

-30 minutes goes by really quickly, so make sure you get across what you want to in that short time frame and don't ramble. All of my interviews felt like they lasted 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Let's say you are working with a bakery. What 3 Google items would you sell them on?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Fairly quick interview process. Submitted my application online and heard back from a recruiter within 2 days. Set up 15-minute phone interview with her. Mostly situational questions with one hypothetical.
    Questions asked:
    - tell me about a time you disagreed with a co-worker and how was it resolved?
    - if you got to work and found you had 200 unread emails, how would you go about it?

Moved on to next round which consisted of two 30-min phone calls back to back. Asked a variety of situational and behavioral question with several hypothetical questions thrown in the mix.
    Questions asked:
    - What was a time you completely satisfied a client?
    - You are in charge of the google chrome account in India, we want to increase the usage 5x over the next 10 years. What do you do?
    - How would you explain AdWords to a 5yr?

Go over the questions you find on glassdoor. I was only asked a handful that I had seen before but they'll do a good job of getting you in the right mindset.

SMB Sales Associate Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

First round phone interview. Very down to business right away, did not even ask the "tell me about yourself question". I had expected it to be more low key since it was a phone screening type call. Interview did not seem very enthusiastic about the interview or the job. Heard back later that day that they were interested in my but I was not available for the start date they had hoped so will contact me later when a position opens up.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a difficult person you dealt with. Asked about favorite google product. Asked several questions I wasn't expecting until later interviews.   Answer Question

Moved on to next round of interviews, was unable to continue because of start date.

SMB Sales Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke on the phone with a recruiter who asked me basic questions and it was fairly standard for a phone screen. She asked to clarify things on my resume (like graduation date and GPA, as well as the role/location that I was applying for). She only really had one question to ask me that wasn't straight "yes" or "no" answer (listed below). She immediately told me I'd move on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• If you showed up to work with 200 unread emails, how would you go about deciding what to tackle first?   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist, SMB Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Wrocław (Poland)).

Interview

One phone interview (20 min). Very general, Questions like: tell me about yourself, your previous experience, time-management q., etc.

Moved on to next round - a 30-min skype interview in Wroclaw office (I was interviewed by the people from Dublin, that's why it was a skype call)
    Questions about AdWords.A LOT.
    -How would u explain AdWords to a kid or person that has no clue about it.
    - Who uses Adwords in general
    - how would u improve adwords
    - Some situational questions, all about adwords
    - how does yr previous work experience complies to this job

Interview Questions

• How would u explain AdWords to a kid or person that has no clue about it.   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist - SMB Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really positive. It consisted of 3 main rounds. Everyone I talked to was very friendly. First round is phone screen, then a sales pitch, finally 3 interviews back to back in the final round.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize a book of business ?   1 Answer

Associate Account Strategist SMB Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Phone screening by a recruiter. Mostly basic questions about your experience and background, motivation to work for Google (Why google, why this role, what can you bring to this role, etc.). Got an email just few minutes after the interview that she will move my appliction to the next round.

2. Sales pitch with an employee from a sales team. They send you a client brief / case to prepare the advertising strategy and make a sales pitch. Extremely difficult, took me about a week of intensive preparation and the pitch was exausting and very demanding. I wouldn't expect anything else from such company though. At the end of the pitch some questions like name me three role models and why do you look up to them and couple of more out-of-the box questions.

Got an answer from the recruiter after about a week or so that they will not forward my application to a next round with no feedback whatsoever (even when I kindly asked for).

Interview Questions

• Why google, why this role, what can you bring to this role, etc.   Answer Question