Google Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

3.5

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in July 2017.

Interview

Not impressed with the Google recruiters and also how they insist that I create Gmail email account to schedule interview. Time of interview was wrong and gave vague time zone references. Phone screen felt rushed and did not match what was suppose to be on their own agenda of topics.

Interview Questions

• 2 minute background of myself. They never stated what specifically...I assumed professionally. Maybe they wanted to know personal information, hobbies, etc. Never had anyone ask such a generic question on interview.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with internal recruiters who are gatekeepers. Next round with hiring manager to discuss domain knowledge, experience and fit for the role. Next round brought the marathon (4) 45-minute interviews stacked on top of each other. Was lucky to do this in person but they also do them via Hangout.

Interview Questions

• You're asked to join a meeting where you know nothing about the topic and everyone is more senior than you, how do you participate and lead?   1 Answer
    • you can invest in 3 google products. which 3, why those 3, and what would you do to improve them?   Answer Question
    • tell about time when a customer presented a challenging problem to you that couldn't be solved right then?   1 Answer
    • tell about a time you delighted a customer, what did you do?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

Challenging but enjoyable. A lot was actually done over the phone, before an in person interview was used. Very good people to be dealing with! Was very happy with the overall process and a good company to work for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard interview questions (your background experience, why you're looking for a new position) as well as abstract questions to determine how you think and your ability to analyze and process abstract concepts.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the next big innovation in Google's technology?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Hard, you go through a cognitive ability interview where they ask you hypothetical questions that don't necessarily have an answer. Point of doing this is to see how you think and handle situations. I lost the job here I believe, questions were ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Google is looking to occupy 2 of the top floors in a 100 story building. The only way up to the 99th and 100th floor is by taking an elevator. The lower 98 floors belong to other companies, how would you design the elevator?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2015.

Interview

First a recruiter reached out to me. After expressing interest, there was a phone screen where the recruiter asked some brain teasers. Two one on one phone interviews followed that included practical questions to see how I solve common problems that you come across in sales. I didn't make it past phone interviews.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I submitted through Google website then got an email to set up an interview. The interview was through Google Hang-out and it was approx 45 minutes. It was fairly difficult and required a lot of preparation.

Sales Interview

Interview

I had 1 call with the recruiter, followed by a call with the hiring manager, followed by an in-person meetings with 4 Sales Managers (or Head of Industry members).

Overall, they asked mostly intuitive and logical questions that were relevant to the role. All questions that you would expect for a Sales role. No surprises there. There were a couple logic questions, but they were very logical and focused on the thought process. Again, most of these questions were very logical and relevant to the role so I thought they were very valid.

Interview Questions

• Are you a hard word worker?

What do you think about debates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and set up initial phone interview. Simple, basic questions like why do you want to work here. Followed up with a 1:1 interview with three team members, each being 30-minute interviews. They were nice and friendly, with the exception of one, who just seemed to be looking at her laptop the whole time without looking up. Pretty rude if you ask me. Overall though, good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Straightforward phone interview. Was asked questions about interests and potential for fit in the team.