Google Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.5

1,653 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Submitted resume over Google recruit site. As a new graduate I was given an email with some links to study on the scale of the coming interview and a bunch of papers about GFS, bigtable and such stuff.. HR reached out to me in two weeks via email after the resume was sent. She was helpful and responsive. During the phone interview, the interviewer got straight forward to coding without asking anything about the resume. Overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted array, find all the numbers that occur more than n/4 times.   2 Answers
    • Given a list of words, find the longest prefix that applies to all words.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Skipped the phone screen and went straight to onsite interview. Recruiter wasn't in the office that day and there were a few logistical hiccups in the morning but otherwise went fine.

Interview Questions

• Given a 2D matrix find the path with the maximum product.   2 Answers
    • Design an algorithm for a Roomba cleaning bot.   1 Answer

Information Technology Residency Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One technical phone interview (45 mins) then two technical hangout (video conference) interviews (each 45 mins). Then a committee gonna review all your answers in all the interview along with your school transcript and resume. Then another committee will make the final decision whether they extend you an offer or not

Interview Questions

• It depends on what OS you're most comfortable with   1 Answer

Legal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

After an initial phone interview with the recruiter that took about 20 minutes, there was a meeting with the recruiter in person followed by an interview with some people at legal department totaling about 40 minutes, then some 1:1 at engineering departments, each 20-30 minutes

Interview Questions

• was asked to write an algorithm to solve a sorting problem   1 Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, Design exercise, onsite interview. There is a nice recruiter along the way with immediate response which makes the whole process better. Every interviewer is nice and wants to bring the best out of you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Google? What can you contribute to us?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First, a behavioral phone interview with an HR person. She was very nice and was very helpful throughout the whole process. Next came an online "code sample", essentially a technical interview without sitting with/talking to a person, which was relatively challenging but not terrible. Then they invited me to an onsite interview, and I was in the midst of the scheduling process when I got a call from my recruiter saying they had made all the graduating hires that they wanted to this year, and canceled the onsite. Very bummed about that but overall was a good experience

Interview Questions

• How would you implement the initial (filled) board for a Candy Crush-style game?   1 Answer

Staffing Channels Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Best candidate experience in the Bay. From initial contact to final feedback, communication was authentic and consistent. The interview process was fun! Patience is helpful. Also, take responsibility for asking the right questions.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Took a while to get a call for an interview after applying. The interview was short and easy, it was pretty friendly and informal. A refreshing change from other corporate interviews where there are a lot of usless questions and inane chit-chat. I've heard this from other people who were interviewed at Google too.

Interview Questions

• If I've worked with a global tech company   2 Answers

Self-driving Car Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Several series of interviews. Only go through the first one. It is a group interview and they only ask a few questions but want detailed answers. The questions they ask you have multiple parts, so you really have to pay attention to what they ask. Very dense. And do not verge off topic because they really disliked that, as I saw with one of the guys in the interview

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about driving, cars, automobiles - how much do you drive, what conditions? Tell us everything about your driving   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview during which I coded in a google doc shared by the interviewer. Was then invited to an on-site interview in Mountain View, where I had four hour-long interviews and an hour-long lunch with a google employee.

There were a couple issues I had with the process.

1) The initial recruiter somehow determined I had a year of professional experience in Android development, which was not true. Therefore, she initially put me on the hiring track for someone who had professional Android experience rather than the hiring track for a recent college graduate. I passed the phone interview on this track, but then the next recruiter I spoke with discovered the error and switched me over to the recent college graduate track for the in-person interview.

2) My recruiter never showed up in the lobby to pick me up for the in-person interview, so 20 minutes after the interview was supposed to start my first interviewer called to find out where I was. She requested that I come to the building where she was, but the secretary said I wasn't allowed to walk there by myself and that she had to come pick me up. I had to tell her to come pick me up, then we went back to the building and started the interview quite late. The entire time, interviewers tried to make up for lost time by shortening their interviews, so it was a fairly frustrating experience.

Travel reimbursement worked well, and it was a nice chance to visit Mountain View though, so that was a plus. The interviewers were also very welcoming, if a bit rushed.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard coding questions covering CS fundamentals   1 Answer