Google Interview Questions in Seoul | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2017

3.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a 45 minutes phone interview. It was basically solving a code question. Interviewer called my number and he gave me a question and wanted to see how I solved the coding question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seoul (South Korea)) in February 2016.

Interview

I got referred by my friend in google. It took only a week until get an interview chance with the current software engineer. First technical interview took 45 minutes without any conversion about my careers or experiences, but only technical programming problems.

Interview Questions

• 1. When the input is a infinite sequence of numbers starting from 1, what is the nth digit?
      e.g.) 123456789101112131415161718192021.....
      here 28th digit is 1
      2. float to string   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

I applied for Google on online and got the email from HR team to make schedule for Phone interview. so I had Phone interview with HR from Japan at first and had Video interview with manager.

Interview Questions

• why did you apply for this job?
      what will you do to develop Google product?
      what would you be in ten years?   Answer Question

GTech-online Help Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seoul (South Korea)) in August 2015.

Interview

1. Applied through Google Career: I only submitted one page length resume, no cover letter attached.

2. Received an email from APAC recruiter: asked me a few questions regarding my current position, future goals & direction

3. Phone screening: mainly talked about the JD; asked me further questions regarding the previous email that I sent before the phone screening

4. Google Hangout interview: had technical issues, not sure what it was. so interview was delayed for little while. The interviewer didn't have much time. She wasn't calm - kept asking me the same question. Did a short writing test to examine skills for content editing and Help section.

Show recruiters and interviewers that you have a full understanding of the position you are applying for. Ask as many as questions before the interview, recruiters are extremely helpful and informative. Interview questions weren't that difficult, you just have to understand what you will be responsible for and how you will contribute.

Google campus, Google career YouTube channel is very helpful and you can use those to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change your career path at this stage?
      Why are you leaving your current company?
      How are you going to manage such broad online content?
      What is your strategy for managing content quality for Online Help section?
      How would you react to "such such" inquiries?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Seoul (South Korea)) in April 2015.

Interview

I Applied via web site. A recruiter contacted me after few days. He asked some questions and scheduled the phone screening interview. The question for the phone interview was not so hard, but I was so nervous thus I could not do pretty well. Another recruiter contacted me after two weeks. He notified I had passed the test and scheduled the onsite interview.

At the onsite interview, I had interviewed with five different engineers plus another one who I had lunch with. They were all polite and nice people. I felt that interview itself were not so bad, but recruiter hasn't call me back. This recruiter's behavior actually made me feel he is so rude. I know the recruiters are so busy and cannot reach to all candidates, but at least he should copy & paste "no" answer.

Interview Questions

• BST, strings, data structures, and system designs.. Some of interview questions are tricky, and some of them were not.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Referred by a Googler(former colleague)
    2. Recruiter contacted me via email
    3. Got some short chat with recruiter about the position, my back ground, and introduction to the interview

- About 1 weeks later

- About 1 week later

1. Interview at the Seoul office
    2. Interview continued
    3. Interview continued
    4. Interview continued (in this interview, I made a critical mistake)

- About 2 weeks later

1. I got a sorry & thank you mail from recruiter.

- The end

Interview Questions

• - Please design ( ) software like ( ) in Unix. How do you implement ( ) feature? (I answered well, but he asked me to enhance it)

- Some twisted programming quiz based on data structures & algorithms. I needed to use tree & BFS.

- String processing. I made a simple answer, but interviewer asked me to optimize it again & again until I got O(n).   Answer Question

Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seoul (South Korea)) in May 2011.

Interview

There were a total of 6 telephone interviews conducted, all in the Korean language. As Korean is not my primary language, it was difficult to convey my intended communication properly, but for this sales role, I learned it was essential to be fluent, as Korea is a very homogeneous nation.