Google Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

3.5

137 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume through campus recruiter and an online application. Was contacted by recruiter about a month later for phone screening (mostly technical questions, easy-medium on Leetcode). Haven't heard back since

Interview Questions

• How would you explain microarchitecture to someone not in the field?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter and interview got scheduled two weeks later. Phone interview was not hard but I could not manage the time to answer the second question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter for a telephonic interview, Telephonic interview was scheduled after 3 weeks and interviewer asked 2 question
    Got a respond for that interview in 4 days and then the onsite interview was scheduled after a month
    There were 5 - 45 mins interviews
    Got a respond for that in 3 days

Interview Questions

• Telephonic interview
      1.Related to Array

3. Heaps
      4. Take an stream data and transform the data in required format
      5. Create a Vending Machine to return change   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I got the recruiter email when she visited our campus. Later I got in contact and she was hiring. So there was an initial screen with her. There was a primary coding round. Had a technical phone screen later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to matching words from a string and Corpus, since i have mentioned python as my primary language.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

I was sent a link which had 2 coding problems. They were fairly easy. Then I had two phone interviews back to back. Each interview had 1 simple and 1 difficult question. The difficult questions were actually difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY).

Interview

I had applied online and got invited for a coding challenge.There were two questions.One was the Longest file path for images and the other was moving average.Then got a call for phone interview.The interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Generate all Palindromes till the number k   1 Answer
    • Difference between HashMap and TreeMap.When would you prefer these datastructures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Initially it started with a coding sample which was relatively easy. After that I had 2 on campus interviews back to back - each lasting 45 minutes. These two were just testing basic data structure/algorithm knowledge. It's best to brush up on all the basic computer science skills and being comfortable with combinatorics and probability problems because they love a lot of those types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Related to probability, hash tables, 2d arrays, shortest path   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First I had the codility test where my knowledge regarding Strings and Math was tested. It was pretty basic. After that the phone interview was scheduled. The recruiter was a nice guy and helper me through the problem. The problem was a little difficult and it took some time to solve.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

My interview process was absolutely ridiculous. It spanned a total of 4.5 months, and I didn't even get to the host matching process. I was first contacted by a recruiter through email. She was actually quite nice, so I don't have any complaints there. I had an initial behavioral interview over the phone, and that took only around 30 minutes or so. I later had to solve two programming questions online in a couple of hours. They weren't terrible. I had two hour long interviews over the phone, but the connection on the first interview was terrible, so they let me do a third one. There was like, a month between every one of these phases. After a few weeks, my recruiter let me know that I wasn't able to move on to host matching.

I have no complaints about the people-- they are just doing their job. I do, however, think the process was the most ridiculous thing ever. Had I made it into the host matching phase, I was told that it could take anywhere from 0-3 months, and you aren't even ensured a job until a host accepts you. Insane.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

I've done 5 phone interviews with them. They ask Leetcode medium problems pretty much every time, and they usually start with simplified versions of the question and build up once you solve it initially. Occasionally the interviewer will be unwilling to help, passive-aggressive, or hard to understand, but usually they are pretty helpful. Make sure to practice doing hard problems with someone watching (usually people blank when asked questions they really have to think about the first few times). They don't really ask behavioral questions, but they will ask for you to describe your experience / interests.