Google Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

3.4

135 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in July 2016.

Interview

We first started off.with a brief introduction and why I picked software development.

Then we jumped into the technical phone interview, where he asked me questions similar to those on TopCoder (250 points). If you can solve most of the probkelms with relative ease on there, then you should do well on the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview has 3 stages. The first interview is a standard phone screen. The second is a Skype call with a Google Doc to test your technical skills. The final is an in person interview with 4 separate interviewers with a lunch interview between the third and fourth interview that is not counted. The questions are all relatively simple.

Interview Questions

• How do you generate all sets from an array and what is the time complexity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview, almost 8 hours. Also whiteboard interview on coding problems.

Dynamic Programming
     Super recursion (permutation, combination,...2^n, m^n, n!...etc. type of program. (NP hard, NP programs)
     Probability/statistics related programs
     Graphs: BFS/DFS, LDFS
    Data structures and search algorithms

Interview Questions

• lots of problems from Leetcode, basic stuff.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Google in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Got a call from recruiter. First a phone interview was conducted that lasted for about 30 min. General questions were asked. Recruiter went through my resume and explained the job position in detail. Later, after a week I got an online test. Which was about 60 min long. Two programming questions were asked. Choice of the programming language is open. First question was rather small and it was directly from Google's learning courses on python. Second one was rather difficult and time consuming. It needed an optimum solution in time. I did do well with both the questions but not upto the mark. I will try again next year

Interview Questions

• 1st question was on strings
      2nd question was on file systems   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Newark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

The process took a long time. The 3 HR's called me for around 2 months and later the interview was fixed on a day. There were 2 interviews of 45 mins each back to back with 2 technical ppl.

Interview Questions

• Static keyword, inner/nested classes,oops, implement hashtable in java and another one was programming question   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in April 2016.

Interview

Fairly quick process. Applied through their career page, got an online technical test, and had a phone interview. The online test was a series of timed questions where they seemed to gauge your coding style and you could choose from a variety of languages. The phone call was tricky because it was unclear who would actually be conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• The phone interviewer presented me with a scenario in which reservoir sampling was the appropriate procedure to implement.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in March 2016.

Interview

First was an online coding assessment, which was straightforward and not too difficult. Then came an informal phone call, where I was asked which language I preferred for the interview (I chose Python). Next there were two at-home coding interviews (I passed the first and thus was given a second). For each I was connected by phone to the interviewer who asked a couple general questions followed by 1-2 detailed code implementation questions. I wrote up scratch code in Google docs. I did not end up advancing to the final stage: flying out to CA to interview in person for a day.

Interview Questions

• Something with String processing   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Two 45min interviews. The first one was bad experience. The interviewer responded to my answer really slow. There was even awkward silence during the interview and I had to ask what's next. The second interview is fine. I finished all questions but still got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Minimum sliding window and two nodes in a BST sum up to a target value   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They ask about a lot of data structures and a few brain teasers. Make sure you read some "Cracking the Coding interview" to get an idea for these questions. I would say the technical part is 95% of what they are looking for so spend little to no time thinking of good behavioral responses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

There were two telephonic interviews. Both interview included coding questions based to test algorithmic knowledge and hold on the programming language. The interviews went pretty well but got a rejection call after few days. I think companies should start letting the candidates know about the reason that why they are not hired, this will help to work on the mistakes made in one interview so that it is not repeated again.

Interview Questions

• First interview question was to test the program flow and the knowledge of the programming language chosen. Second interview was more of an algorithmic test including time and space complexity and methods to improve them.   Answer Question