Google Software Developer Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Google Software Developer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 5, 2017

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, through hangouts, followed by five onsite technical interviews, required coding in the whiteboard and in a google document.
I was given the choice of programming language to use (Python,Java,C++), except for one interviewer that requested me to write the code in Java.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: Given a keyboard like the ones that appear on a TV screen and a word, print an optimal sequence of moves necessaries to type the word. The possible moves are UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGH,ENTER(to select a character). The starting point is always the top left corner.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Phone screening referring mostly to my CV and motivations but also one or two (easy) technical questions (e.g. complexity of a particular sorting algorithm).
    Technical phone interviews vary a lot from one google engineer to another. For the internship there will be two phone coding tests, for the permanent position just one. Usually they include two coding questions, one easier, one more difficult.

Interview Questions

• One of the more unexpected questions was to give a rough estimate of 2 to the 200.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

a phone interview to access, first the guy introduce the job and process, and then ask me if I have any questions
    then start ask serveral question including algorithms, linux /unix systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

It started with an HR interview.
    After the HR interview I was scheduled a phone screen interview with one engineer.
    He started by introducing himself and then made a coding question.
    We were sharing a Google Doc, so he wrote the question and he was able to see whatever I wrote in the Google Doc.
    After I answered the question we had a brief discussion about performance.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of integers find the two integers that added up are closest to a given number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

First contact takes a long time but will be from HR through email. A phone interview is setup with two hiring managers, 30 minutes each. Both managers will ask technical questions and you will be expected to code in a Google doc while they watch what you are typing. Once you finish these two interviews you will receive your results from the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Code a self-growing array in java   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

They ask for your experience and generally try to gauge your expertise in the area you're applying a job in. The also try and guess your though process, which can be a major part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: How many years have you been using C++ and what notable things have you developed with it?   Answer Question