Google Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted by HR and had 2 technical phone interviews. The first interviewer had a strong accent which has been a really big problem during the whole interview. He was trying to give tips and I made him type in google doc where I had to code.
Second interviewer was great, we talked a lot about the company and he was laughing to the jokes I made.
Questions were simple, don't study too much just repeat the data structures and test cases to verify the correction of your code. Recruiters send an email telling you what to go over, it has bunch of stuff written you don't need to get frustrated, because they're way too complex and you will be never asked to implement them in 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, just basic data structure questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Had my resume in a database for a women's conference. Google reviewed it and contacted me for an interview at the conference. No phone screen, just two interviews on-site, back to back, each 45 minutes. Asked me questions that involved recursion.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

two technical interviews and group match interview

Interview Questions

• Prepare all the technical interview questions, nothing really unexpected.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2013.

Interview

Two rounds phone interview. Each round last 45 minutes.

Round 1:

Compare whether two trees are the same.

Round 2:
    1. Bag-of-words model. Write the process of search based on inverted index. The follow up is given some attributes(an array), how to filter the search result.

2. Given the radius, generate a random point inside a circle

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest challenge in your life and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google in October 2013.

Interview

2 Back-to-back phone interviews using Google Doc. The first one with a Software Engineer who had Indian accent was pretty good. Two coding questions related to string manipulation and tree structure. But no questions related to resume were asked. Then, the second one was with a Software Engineer who had Chinese accent. I spent quite a long time to understand what he meant many times during the interview. He asked me about many Low level systems questions and questions about the most challenging projects I had done. Then, there was an unorganized and unclear question about dictionary. However, in 10 minutes, it turned out to be implementing/overriding a function in java String class. It was kind of weird. And then, at last, when he told me that what questions I would like to ask him, I said "Could you tell me something about your team? And how long have you been working in Google?" Pretty normal questions, right? However, then, he was like "It seems like you are doing a survey!" WT...His replies really made me feel quite uncomfortable. It was not a pleasant experience as I had expected at the beginning. The position and expectation Google had in my heart were lowered to some extent.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Questions related to Data Structures and Algorithms.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a Google recruiter ~2 weeks later. She set up two back-to-back 45 minute phone interviews for me.

First interviewer was 15 minutes late and was very disinterested. He asked me to implement something that I'd say is very difficult and that I couldn't find online later. Regardless I think I did an alright job.

Second interviewer asked me more standard interview questions. I got to the optimal solution for the first question and figured out a solution for the second question and the interviewer seemed to like me.

Interview Questions

• This was one of the more standard questions. You have stairs with N number of steps. You can take either one step steps or two step steps; how many ways can you climb the stairs?   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a tough interview. Most of the questions were from DS and Algos. And I had to design one problem. There were two interviews of 45 min each.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

2 Technical interviews, 1 host matching interview (more explaining the project than an interview)
    Everyone was very nice in the process and very quick to respond if I had any questions.
    Really no surprises in the process, brush up on key Cormen data structures chapters before hand.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA to not disclose questions but TopCoder, GlassDoor, LeetCode, ProjectEuler and CareerCup will give you almost all of the types of questions you will see.
      The questions were not super complicated, but were able to probe if you have a basic algorithms / CS background quite well.
      Know your Big-Os of standard operations on datastructures, worst case/ best case/average case analysis.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 host match interview.

Phone interviews are quite standard. Basic graph traversal. And some problems you can find on LeetCode/CareerCup. Just need to remember the most commonly used data structures and big-O complexity for their operations.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2013.

Interview

two phone interviews, 45 mins each

Interview Questions

• Fair regular expression parsing questions   1 Answer