Google Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume online on their website. A recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Interview times are very flexible. Gave me a whole month to pick dates from. I had two phone interviews (45 minutes each) back to back.

Interview Questions

• This was my first technical interview, so I was very unprepared. I will say prepare well. The first interview was not really hard, and the interview help you a lot through the process. Think loud while you are coding (on Google Doc), interviewer will help you, and it allows him to analyze your problem solving skills. It consisted of some String related questions, their efficiencies and way to improve your code.

The second interview was meant to be hard (as the interviewer himself mentioned. It was supposed to check your limit. I will not disclose the questions, as I respect their policy. But know you Data Structures well! Like really well. And also efficiency of algorithms.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

phone interview. apply on google website. take two week for process and schedule phone interview one three to four weeks later

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe what happens when user surf the internet
      2. What's Java Object class. Name one of its method. What will be returned for equal() if two objects have same hashcode   3 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 host match interview.

Phone interviews are quite standard. Basic graph traversal. And some problems you can find on LeetCode/CareerCup. Just need to remember the most commonly used data structures and big-O complexity for their operations.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I interviewed with Google in late March last year for the Software Engineer Internship for 2013. It's a technical interview. They're not that interested in your resume, but they want to know what you can do and how you think, coding-wise. The questions aren't particularly tricky, but it's a phone interview, so it can be pretty difficult to convey your coding ideas over the phone. Meanwhile, they watch you as you type on a Google doc.

Interview Questions

• Given a TV remote, write a script that would give directions to input some letters. Starting from the upper left-hand corner. If the buttons were in 3 columns, and you wanted to type "feed", you would want the output of the program to say "right, right, down, PRESS, left, PRESS, PRESS, left, PRESS"   7 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2013.

Interview

two phone interviews, 45 mins each

Interview Questions

• Fair regular expression parsing questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2013.

Interview

Two rounds phone interview. Each round last 45 minutes.

Round 1:

Compare whether two trees are the same.

Round 2:
    1. Bag-of-words model. Write the process of search based on inverted index. The follow up is given some attributes(an array), how to filter the search result.

2. Given the radius, generate a random point inside a circle

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest challenge in your life and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

2 Technical interviews, 1 host matching interview (more explaining the project than an interview)
    Everyone was very nice in the process and very quick to respond if I had any questions.
    Really no surprises in the process, brush up on key Cormen data structures chapters before hand.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA to not disclose questions but TopCoder, GlassDoor, LeetCode, ProjectEuler and CareerCup will give you almost all of the types of questions you will see.
      The questions were not super complicated, but were able to probe if you have a basic algorithms / CS background quite well.
      Know your Big-Os of standard operations on datastructures, worst case/ best case/average case analysis.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview

I ask a friend to refer me in Jan and get first phone interview in Feb. The interview question is quite simple, very common with leetcode problems. And they will ask you to analyze the complexity and improvements. I got one more interview in March, since they are hard to evaluate me. After I pass the interview in March, they said I am in a hosting match process. I was very excited, however, I found that at that time there is almost no positions in Google. The final result is that I got a reject letter no long before.

Interview Questions

• Common interview problems like string processing. Remove repeated chars in a string.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in May 2014.

Interview

Got interview opportunity by talking to university recruiter. Interviewed at HQ with a small team of guys. Asked a lot of CS questions. Took about 2 hours. Did not get offer.

Interview Questions

• Write a method to return all permutations of a string.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was recommended by a Google employee. The procedure consisted of two back to back phone interviews. Questions were pretty standard. Nothing too fancy. But I was asked to to use Lists in Java with which I was not well versed. So, I ended up Googling during the interview : Not Good. The interviewers were not as friendly as I had heard, but also not harsh. A week after the interview, the recruiter told me over the phone that they were not going to go forward with the process : Bummer. But they did not disclose any reason as to why.