Google Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Long process, but interviewers were friendly. I can't compare, as this is my first internship, but it's a relatively smooth process throughout despite what some other folks have said.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA so I'll respect that   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interviewers were really nice. Both set up online docs to code on so they could see me code. Questions tended to be pretty open ended, so you could go where you wanted with them, but it did require that you knew the subjects the asked you about really well.

Interview Questions

• Redefine a function (signature given) to write data to a new replacement for an antiquated database (which you previously designed)   Answer Question
    • Write a function to return the longest common prefix between two strings.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was very fluid. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. First interview consisted of standard algorithms questions and a creative prices question. I passed the first round and was set up with a second phone interview. This one was less broad than the first but the difficulty was greater. Overall a good experience. Recruiters were friendly and prompt in following up after my interviews. Overall very happy with the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I dropped my resume at university career fair, one week later I got the chance for the on-campus interviews, which consist of two 45 minutes back-to-back interviews. Unfortunately, on the day before the on-campus interview, they told me that one of the interviewers will leave earlier so that only one back-to-back interview is available and the other will be changed to phone interview. I did well for the on-campus interview but not so good for the phone interview. Anyway, the interview process is supposed to be happy but turned to be not so good.

Interview Questions

• For a given maze, how to write a function to check if there's a way rom the top-left grid to bottom-right grid with obstacles in the middle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I discussed my interests and my short-term plan for the future with the recruiter. She was very easy to talk to and she seemed very interested in helping me get an internship at Google.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied for the position online. After they reviewed my application, I was ask about my availability for phone interviews. The interviews were done during the same day with very nice software engineers. I heard back in about 2-3 weeks about my offer. The recruiter kept the process very transparent and kept me updated along the way.

Interview Questions

• Reverse the word order in a string.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Interviewing with Google was not bad. They have a process of phone interviews, where you use Google Documents during the interview to write answers to programming questions. They ask a variety of computer science questions and are interested in seeing how you think. Overall, nothing too surprising.

The corporate culture seems very good, and this is what attracted me to the company in the first place. They seem genuinely interested in finding people who are excited by the prospect of solving challenging problems. The best questions during the interviews were the ones where the interviewer presented a problem from his relevant Google project and asked for ideas on how to address it.

Interview Questions

• Given this Google product, how would you address this technical challenge? What kinds of algorithms would you use?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I applied online, and the HR contacted me that he needed my information, including time slots for interview. The interview was purely technical, with just introduction about myself in the beginning. It was divided in 2 calls. Each call was 45 minutes, separated by 15 minutes break and different person. We used Google Docs for the live coding.

Interview Questions

• Given a string and a dictionary. Break the string into meaningful words.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Google in January 2013.

Interview

there were 2 rounds, 45 min each and two problems for each round. They were straight into their questions. If you get stuck somewhere, they will give you hint. They hope to help you go as far as you can.

Interview Questions

• they gave me a piece of code, which uses function call and recursive structure and asked me to tell them what the code does. Also, they asked me to design a database that satisfies some functionality.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Overall a very smooth process. I submitted my resume and got schedule for two phone interviews the next day. Then within a week I got notified I entered the matching process.

In the next two weeks following, I was matched up with several projects, and ultimately received an offer in the one I liked the most.