Google Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,559 Interview Reviews

3.4

2,559 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via linkedin. We have a phone talk, the recruiter asked me some fundamental DS, algorithms, like sorting/graph complexity...etc. I almost forgot them. and the interview is ended.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

One phone call interview that was behavioral and online technical interview. The online interview consisted of two algorithm type questions to do in 30 minutes. You were able to divy up your time in your choosing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I felt like the recruiter was kind and helpful. 2 of the 4 onsite interviewers worked with me and made me feel comfortable 1 was a jerk and didn't communicate at all and the other one was neutral. I was actually a music major who had studied computer enginering as a minor so I hadn't done any co-ops or technical interviews before intervieweing with Google so It was pretty intimidating.

Interview Questions

• 3 of the questions were about matrices.
      the first one involved having a 2D matrix and finding patterns in it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

On site interviewed twice for two positions.
    Very friendly people. The difficulty of questions range from median to hard.
    All sessions are based on coding algorithm questions. Lots of options for lunch.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

it would be most helpful to know data structures and algorithms, and just skim over the important chapters of cracking the coding interview. make sure that you know recursion pretty well as well as searching.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

First round was a technical interview over the phone. I was on the telephone with an interviewer and we set up a Google Doc that we could both edit in real time.

The interviewer posed a problem. I was expected to write some code that would do what the problem required. Then I was asked to suggest some inputs that could be used to test the code. After that the interviewer asked how I'd modify the code to handle a certain change in the problem.

Made some mistakes in the implementation. Got a call from the recruiter a few days later saying that the interviewer thought I wasn't experienced enough, but that per company policy they wouldn't give any more feedback.

Interview Questions

• I am not permitted to disclose specifics. Suffice to say I was given a data table and asked to write code to do certain things with said data. I'd say it was mostly straightforward, with a bit of a twist.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with a software engineer. I was given a question and had to write code via a Google Doc while telling my interviewer my thoughts within 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of rules, write a program to determine a path that satisfies all of the rules.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

got an email from a recruiter that i had to give a test. coding test then i solved both questions but time complexity was of O(n^2) maybe that is the reason of rejection

Interview Questions

• both questions were from leetcode Given a string s, find the longest palindromic substring in s. You may assume that the maximum length of s is 1000.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitsburg, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Pitsburg, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

First you begin by calling them and based off how that goes they will ask you to come in for a face to face interview where they will have you demonstrate your skills on a white board.

Interview Questions

• How many nickels does it take stacked to reach the top of the empire state building?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Two 45 min phone interviews. Pretty standard technical questions covering algorithms and data structures. Most material covered in introductory programming classes. Good knowledge of one programming language necessary. Got referred by a previous intern, was contacted by a recruiter to set up date and time for phone screen.